Sr. Manager Security Engineering and Operations
Location:San Francisco, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
Cisco Cloud Security Group is at the forefront of developing cloud-delivered security needs and challenges of our customers. With annual revenue exceeding $200M, it is one of the fastest-growing businesses at Cisco. As Cisco is transforming its business model aggressively to software and recurring revenue model, our cloud security business is leading this journey with 100%+ YoY growth in software recurring revenue.
What We Do
The Cloud Security group focuses on developing solutions that provide Security as a Service to our customers. Our vision is to build the most comprehensive security solutions that are both easy to deploy and simple to manage. We are at the initial stages of this journey and looking for passionate and innovative engineers to help realize this vision. The notion of traditional perimeter-based security is being disrupted. Since users, apps, and infrastructure have all moved to the cloud, security must too. Welcome to the team of geeks passionate about solving this very problem and making the world a better place by making it a secure place.
We have a highly scalable cloud infrastructure spread across 25 data centers where we run our cloud security applications that operate at massive scale - 100B+ requests per day from 65M daily active users.
What You’ll Do
We are looking for a Sr. Manager Security Engineering and Operations who will be responsible for managing and scaling a diverse team of security engineers and investigators and defining security monitoring roadmap. You will partner with other security functions, compliance, engineering, legal on solving complex security monitoring problems on a large scale.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead Security Engineering and Operations team; recruit, hire, develop, and evaluate
- Set and communicate the team’s vision and develops security engineering and operations
- Lead design and implementation of effective detection tools and technologies to increase the breadth of detected security events, raise fidelity of detection, and automate repeatable
- Establish key performance indicator (KPI) metrics; track and report on performance; provide reporting to senior management on operations performance and status of
- Lead development of standard operating procedures and other appropriate documentation to enforce quality and consistency of security operations
- Documents security tools and systems, trains Security Operations staff on tool use, and supports the day to day SecOps staff in the security
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders in the delivery of security initiatives.
You have extensive experience managing and scaling security engineering, designing security monitoring solutions for complex environments handling large volumes of data. You successfully established relationships with Engineering based on collaboration, empathy, and pursuit of excellence.
- Bachelors + 12 years or Masters + 8 years of related experience in security engineering and monitoring
- 5+ years of experience managing security engineering and monitoring team with specialized functions (security engineering, Tier 1 & Tier 2 investigators, threat Hunting)
- Track record of building effective security monitoring and detection programs, solving complex technical problems, and implementing innovative solutions to handle large volumes of data.
- Experience with AWS/Public Cloud
- Experience writing intrusion detection system rules, security orchestration, automation and response experience
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays, and learns.
Why Cisco Cloud Security
Cisco Cloud Security enables you to securely adopt the cloud and better manage security for the way the world works today. It protects users against threats anywhere they access the internet and secures your data and applications in the cloud. You can also leverage the cloud to enhance security through simplified policy management and dynamic threat intelligence. With Cisco Cloud Security, you gain complete visibility into internet activity across cloud applications, all office locations, and roaming devices, plus faster threat detection and response. Cisco Cloud Security provides an effective security platform that is open, automated, and simple to use. And it’s backed by industry-leading threat information delivered by the Cisco Talos security intelligence and research group.
We Are Cisco!