Sr. Manager, Product Design, Workforce Experience
Location:Offsite, Austin, Texas, US
Alternate LocationRemote, Anywhere in the USA
Area of InterestUser Experience Design
Sr. Product Design Manager, Workforce Experience
About the job
Cisco’s Workforce Experience Design team is on a mission to create the best work experience, leading with human-centered design, to create an engaged and productive environment for all . We strive to enable every employee to be at their best every day, from removing the barriers to collaboration to discovering new connections and communities. We are a global leader in technology, networking, and innovation, and we believe that helping our customers and partners begins with helping ourselves!
As a Sr. Product Design Manager in our newly formed design team, you’ll play a key role in helping the team develop their culture and identity. You’ll lead a group of talented multidisciplinary designers as we engage with our stakeholders to solve complex problems from a user-centered perspective. You’ll help us hire the next great batch of designers, improve our processes, and grow our team in their design craft and practice. We’re looking for a Sr. Product Design Manager who is an advocate for team success, but who also loves to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Skillfully managing a team of senior level product designers and 1-2 product design managers across grade levels and geographies
- Providing opportunities for regular critique from yourself and other giving just-in-time feedback to improve performance.
- Work with leadership to define the Workforce Experience Design team’s mission and set the strategy for achieving it
- Define the role of user experience in all aspects of our organization, beyond interface design, culture, environment, policy, process, task flows, employee development, measurement, risk assessment, and more
- Monitor the impact our design practices on the workforce to identify places for improvement and act on them
- Nurture both the team’s and individual designer’s prominence and eminence within and outside Cisco
- Knowing when it’s appropriate to jump in and offer hands-on contribution to a project, and when it’s better to step back and let the team do it themselves in order to learn and grow.
- Execute performance reviews, reward the team, and support professional development
- Helping to build the UX practice and craft at Cisco by providing learning opportunities for the team in the form of external courses, speakers, or workshops.
- Think and communicate ideas in terms of systems and service design, connecting the dots from various platforms and touchpoints to create seamless experiences across people, products, processes, and partners
- Communicating the value of design and design thinking methodologies to multidisciplinary stakeholders. Facilitating workshops when needed to drive alignment or decision making. Finding situations where the need for design has not yet become obvious and advocating for your team’s involvement
- Recruiting and hiring diverse talent onto the team. Creating job , running successful interview processes, and smoothly onboarding new team members
Who You’ll Work With
- A remote, cross-functional team of managers and designers - from research to user experience design, visual design, and branding
- Product managers, marketing specialists, and additional stakeholders who will craft product requirements
- The Workforce Experience leadership team
We are seeking a team member who has:
- A degree in HCI, Graphic Design, Interaction Design, a related field, or equivalent industry
- A minimum of 12 years of experience as a UX designer, Visual designer, or UX researcher, preferably at a large enterprise
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a people manager for remote teams
- A portfolio of past UX work experience, deliverables, and entrepreneurial innovation
- Deep understanding and experience bringing complex products from conception to reality, through every stage of the UX process
- A well-rounded understanding of user-centered design process, as well as solid knowledge of user experience principles and ability to advocate for the inclusion of user insights
- Excellent time-management, multi-tasking skills; and the ability to quickly prioritize tasks.
- Ability to conceive of and drive new initiatives and programs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- A self-starter that collaborate actively with others in a cross-functional team.
- Experience leading inclusive teams, creating a sense of community, establishing psychological safety and supporting a growth mindset among Designers and UX Engineers
- Proven experience impacting product direction and driving clarity across multi-disciplinary and cross-functional teams
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all. We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box! But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward. So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.