Sr. Manager, Engineering
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Security
Who we are
Cisco Cloud Security Group is at the forefront of developing cloud-delivered security needs and challenges of our customers. With an annual revenue exceeding $200M, it is one of the fastest growing businesses at Cisco. As Cisco is transforming its business model aggressively to a software and recurring revenue model, our cloud security business is leading this journey with 100%+ YoY growth in software recurring revenue.
Cisco is offering an extraordinary opportunity to be part of a small, innovative team with a low process, high throughput culture. We are looking for a highly energetic Engineering Leader who can combine technical acumen of public cloud engineering with strong leadership skills.
The team is playing a crucial part in leading breakthrough cloud-delivered security capabilities to the thousands of Cisco current and future customers worldwide. Today, we handle more than 80 billion daily Internet requests from 65 million+ users around the world. Our cloud delivered services cover a wide spectrum of security services spanning - Secure Internet Gateway, DNS security, CASB.
Working at Cisco Cloud Security means being surrounded by passionate, intelligent and creative people that are determined to disrupt the Internet security industry with creative ideas, world-class research and unrivaled products and services. It’s a place where the best ideas are quickly transformed into products, features, campaigns and company-wide practices, so it won’t be long before you witness the results of your hard work.
What You'll Do
- Manage a sizable organization spanning multiple software engineering teams.
- Partner with Product Management and other business functions to execute on an aggressive roadmap.
- Provide operational support and on-call coverage for components under the group’s responsibility.
- Be a technically proficient leader, capable of evaluating solutions suggested by the team, and driving the right course of action through in-depth understanding of the subject matter.
- Foster innovation – proactively identify and encourage new ideas.
- Collaborate closely with teams around the globe and execute/participate in cross-site projects as necessary.
- Hire teams, drive talent development, and performance management.
Who You Are
- 4+ years of hands on experience in Engineering Management
- Track record of managing managers and having end-to-end responsibility over products and features with more than 1000 active customers.
- Experience in developing and operating SaaS products, ideally in AWS, optionally in Azure / Google Cloud.
- Understanding of Big Data pipelines, microservices architectures and patterns in a highly scaled environment
- Knowledge of escalation management processes, organizing monitoring strategy and on-call duties.
- Understanding of cost modeling, economics of SaaS products.
- Understanding of modern agile practices, and a track record of implementing them within R&D groups
- Capable of influencing and fostering a high-performance culture.
- Lean delivery philosophy, capable of driving innovation and experimentation in Engineering.
- Strong communication skills: verbal and written.
Desired Experience and Skills
- InfoSec background, with experience in developing relevant products.
- Track record of working in globally distributed environments and executing on cross-site projects.
- Knowledge of typical SaaS platforms and applications (e.g. O365, G-Suite): their business value, competitive landscape, and usage in an enterprise setting.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference, powering an inclusive future for all. We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box! But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.) Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take differences to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward. So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.