Sr. Manager, Collaboration Communities 1325624
Location:Offsite, San Jose, California, US
Alternate Locationany US location
Area of InterestBusiness Strategy and Operations
Who You Are
The Employee Experience team seeks a strong leader to bring to realization our vision to deliver best possible experience for our employees by leveraging collaboration and communities. This is a pivotal role providing thought leadership and execution of the digital strategy for years to come. This role requires the ability to translate strategy to execution, great communication skills and cross-functional collaboration with key leaders to ensure effective execution of business outcomes.
- Design-thinking mindset as we create simple and useful solutions
- Solid background and expertise in implementing SFDC (preferably in large, complex companies)
- Good interpersonal skills including demonstrated ability to collaborate and influence leaders
- Ability to remove roadblocks that stand in the way of our successful release and project completion
- Strong business planning and business operations skills
- Exceptional analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Highly skilled in verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter, ability to work independently
- Fun, highly energetic personality; phenomenal teammate that works well in a fast-paced and intense environment with expectations to deliver high-impact value to the company
What you’ll do:
- Partner with key stakeholders across the company to devise solutions that deliver the best experiences
- Provide best-in-class services for planning, designing, deploying, and supporting digital technology tools
- Find opportunities and impacts to operational processes and guide team in managing the associated changes
- Manage product roadmaps, budget, and execution
- Understand the need for communications, change management, and training to enable the above
- Prepare content and lead read outs in executive meetings; should be an effective “story-teller”
- Cultivate a team culture of transparency, accountability, and innovation to the work at hand
- Stay up to date on points of view from leading industry analysts and key influencers in the market
We are seeking high energy and qualified candidates who possess the following skills and experience:
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in digital transformation
- Consistent record of leading complex, strategic initiatives
- Process and systems background
- Knowledge and experience with both waterfall and agile project methodologies
- Exceptional leadership, writing and presentation skills; ability to leverage various types of media to tell factual stories clearly, creatively, and succinctly
- Demonstrated effectiveness in working with development organizations, HR, sales, marketing and channel teams
- Bachelor's Degree required; MBA or Master’s Degree is a plus
- Experience in SFDC transformation methodologies helpful
Who you'll work with:
You will work cross functionally with the Employee Experience organization, People & Communities, and the IT organization, playing a leadership role in the future of work at Cisco. The Employee Experience team is embarking on a mission to address the evolving expectations of today’s connected and remote workers. We will design and deliver employee experience requirements and digital engagements (from Hire to Retire) based on a culture of inclusivity, compassion, inspiration and collective drive for the future of work. Using real-time connected data, machine learning, and automation; this team will enable Cisco employees with an intelligent, personalized and simplified digital workplace that proactively delivers employee services.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!