Sr. Industrial Designer
Location:Lysaker, Akershus, Norway
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video, Software Development, Testing
Senior Industrial Designer
What You'll Do:
We are looking for a dedicated Senior Industrial Designer to join our multiple award-winning industrial design team. You are a designer who loves to build stuff and with an urge to see beautiful designs become real, and with a keen interest in user experiences combining hardware design and digital design.
- Gain understanding of users and translate into clearly communicated user needs, concepts and tangible experiences
- Bring design concepts to beautifully crafted high-tech products through cross-functional team work
- Secure the end-to-end experience for customers, including installation and packaging solutions
- Contribute to a consistent evolution of Cisco's brand and design language
Who You'll Work With:
You will be part of one of Norway's largest in-house design teams, combining hardware, software and service design to craft a world-changing collaboration solution.
Our job is to help people everywhere to work well together. We design a suite of products used by millions of people around the globe, to meet, chat, co-create, and share their work like if they were in the same room.
The Cisco design team in Oslo has fun in the daily work of translating insights into transformative experiences, thriving on customers thanking us for making their work life better.
Who You Are:
You have a keen interest in high-tech and strong conceptual skills as well as an analytical approach to design and design thinking. You appreciate working in teams and are well aware of how your team’s deliveries are part of the whole end-to-end customer journey. You are able to effortlessly flex between the bigger picture and concrete problems. You are passionate about technology and communication, you have the ability to engage people around you, and you embrace new ways of working.
* Master degree from relevant industrial design education
* Practice in design driven product development
* Strong analytical skills and an affinity for problem solving, alone and with peers
* Experience working with concept development and industrial design craftsmanship
* Experience working in multidisciplinary teams
* Experience taking physical products to market
* Up to date on trends and theory within the profession
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.