Sr IT Engineer - Legal
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Who We Are
Today’s sophisticated business environment is more than that – it’s a period of disruption between the pandemic, global business change and internal process complexity. For us to focus on simplicity and the best customer experience, we need extraordinary talent and the right skillsets to be successful. This is now a mantra for our Cisco leadership team and for us.
The Digital Enterprise Solutions team is changing the way we run Cisco’s operations by maximizing the power of technology, the best of business processes and superior data insights. Together, we will Reimagine the Cisco experience. Show the world how to Reinvent applications and utilize the future of the Internet to Showcase the power of Cisco: our people, products, processes, systems, and data. Please join us and make this journey together!
What You'll Do
We need a visionary who strives to innovate the world of offerings and solutions. Because you’ll craft so many inventive solutions, you’ll handle a continuous pipeline of transformations and digitization initiatives. You’ll have the opportunity to be visible, interacting with senior management and engaging business partners and executive management. You will be the lead engineer and domain expert in managing the development and end to end support of all IT applications required for enabling New Business Models, consumption-based offers in Capital’s leasing and financing business Who You'll Work With When you work with us, you’ll be part of a highly empowered collaborative “FUTURE IT” team who's passionate about delivering digitization and outstanding business outcomes. You will work with business partners, PMO, Cisco’s outsourced partners, and multi-functional infra partners. Who You Are Both your clients and your teammates consider you a go-to person for solving business problems with the most efficient and state-of-the-art solutions. As a result, you have a winning record of developing and delivering groundbreaking multi-functional initiatives in digitizing Cisco’s Leasing and Financing line of business.
Key Skills Required :
- At a minimum we expect you to have a Bachelors in Engineering degree in Computer Science, Electronics & Communications, Information Science or equivalent fields
- Minimum 8 years of experience as Sr. engineer/architect with a firm grasp on newest technology trends in the industry.
- Experience with agile software development and LEAN/continuous delivery methodologies
- In-depth programming knowledge in all or some of the following,
- Experience architecting & developing highly scalable, cloud-native, decoupled, fault-tolerant & highly available microservice architectures hosted on-prem, in the cloud and/or in a hybrid cloud environment
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize & mentor junior engineers while also performing hands-on, sophisticated coding
- Excellent decision-making and analytical skills to solve complex business problems
- Ability to work in a diverse, fast-paced environment and effectively collaborate across global teams
- Experience leading large complex multi-functional transformation projects and driving adoption
- Experience in automated testing (unit/integration)
- Experience in 3rd party hosted cloud computing (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience with SaaS data integration
- Organized verbal and written business communication that effectively achieves business objectives
- Strong customer focus and can-do attitude with an eye for process simplification and digitization
- Utilize specific business knowledge and general discernment to support effective IT engagement
- Experience in engaging with focused POC’s and Prototypes for Enterprise IT environments that have Global footprint
- Write and review code, develop documentation and capacity plans, and debug the hardest problems on the largest and most complex systems
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
- Experience in Legal technology domain is desired
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an expansive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!