Sr. Hardware Engineer
Location:Milpitas, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Networking
WHAT YOU WILL DO
In this role as a Senior Hardware Engineer;
- Lead system design on Service Provider Routing products
- Prioritize and translate high level requirements into actionable milestones
- You will drive product from concept to production
- Participate in all stages of architecture, design, validation and support of these products
- Coordinate and contribute to engineering deliverables including specifications and test plans
- Hands-on engineering efforts for system bring up and validation in the lab
- Interact, lead and address challenging technical problems with multi-functional teams
- Act as technical liaison to key suppliers for the product and technical perspectives
- Lead decision making to resolve technical tradeoff, operational and business considerations
WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH
The Service Provider Routing Group architects the next generation routing systems. The team designs, implements, and delivers industry leading routing products. You will be part of the dynamic and passionate team working on exciting projects.
WHO YOU ARE & DESIRED SKILLS
- Have a minimum of 8+ years of experience with BSEE, MSEE, or BS Computer Engineering
- Experience with high end Routers or Network Switches
- Demonstrated experience working with suppliers and overseas cross functional teams
- Current and/or prior experience with Intel x86 products desired.
- Familiar with design tools including Cadence Concept, and Allegro
- Familiar with highspeed serial interfaces such as PCIe,Ethernet
- Familiar with DDR, SPI, I2C, MDI protocols
- Experience with high-speed (>=25G) system design, signal integrity issues, and power distribution techniques
- Experience with lab bring up and design validation
- Ability to collaborate with other disciplines, including software, BIOS, BMC, Diagnostics
- Demonstrated experience with shipping products.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.