Sr. HW Architect, Webex Devices
Area of InterestCollaboration
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video
Who We Are
We all need to connect with people to get our work done. With Webex, we are uniquely positioned to make that connection outstanding across hardware and software with a leading market position in collaboration. Our next goal is to redefine how people work where communication is at the core of all productive collaboration.
What You’ll Do
As a HW architect and technical leader in the Devices Technology Group within Collaboration, you are responsible for designing and building new products from concept through shipping. You are responsible for the architect of the solution including chipsets and HW design to ensure the product meets the high bar of Cisco quality. You are a leader and work cross-functionally through Cisco marketing, NPI, SW team, as well as with external vendors to accomplish:
- System architecture and design for new wearable and peripheral products
- Drive project development internally and externally with Vendor, review EE/ME design from JDM/ODM/OEM Vendor for quality and cost analysis
- Review EE/ME device validation test from Vendor and help solve issues found
- Monitor your team members’ project status and mentor junior HW engineers
Who You'll Work With:
You will be part of the Webex Devices Engineering team. This group is responsible for the success of Cisco headsets, Webex Devices and accessories, and is formed by a group of enthusiastic and talented members on a mission to transform the collaboration experiences delivered through our devices. You will collaborate with SW engineering teams and Vendors, to produce exciting projects. As Cisco-nians, our work contributes to the mission of Powering an Inclusive Future for All.
Who You Are
- You have project experience of wearables or peripherals like headsets, speakers, cameras, display or other high-volume consumer devices
- You are an experienced system architect capable of design and cost analysis by comparing different chips and manufacturing vendors.
- You have strong knowledge of ID/ME/EE/Thermal design and common HW technologies and interfaces like USB/BT/Wireless
- You have experience with audio and/or video subsystems, related components and modules qualification and validation.
- You have experience working with JDM/ODM/OEM vendor, understanding ID and ME design, and evaluate factory manufacturing technique to fulfill CMF, review EE/ME design, help resolve issues found during ME/EE device validation test and ESD/EMC/Safety compliance test.
- You have excellent verbal and written (English and Chinese) communication skills with the ability to distill issues and actions for consumption at various levels
- You have 8+ years of HW experience
Nice to have experience of:
- AI (Face, Voice or Gesture Recognition etc)
- Wireless interface: WIFI/DECT
- Proximity tech: NFC/Ultrasound/TOF
- Power design and battery charging including wireless charging
- Compliance certification
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.t
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.