Sr. DevOps/SRE Engineer - CI/CD
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
What You'll do
- Cisco is looking to hire a Sr. DevOps Engineer to contribute to the team and team culture, the products, and the processes. He/she must have experience in building new software offerings with agility and urgency.
- The individual must be very comfortable with continuous integration / continuous deployment concepts and tools. The individual is expected to participate in all aspects of the builds, integration, branching, merging, tools used and automation etc.
Qualities we Value
- Creativity and self-starting, willingness to explore new technologies
- Tenacity, technical brilliance, and ability to contribute quickly
- Take pride in work through attention to detail
- Passion for code quality and great design
- Create and maintain fully automated CI / CD build processes for Cisco products
- Work closely with the development, operations, and test teams
- Write and maintain scripts for build, deployment, maintenance, policy enforcement and related tasks
- Debug and fix build, tool, infrastructure, and process issues
- Document processes and policies
Who we are
Digital trends are causing enterprise networks to expand to wherever users are. As employees demand seamless access to work resources from more devices, accessing more third-party applications than ever before, businesses must defend against a myriad of security threats.
Identity Services Engine (ISE) reduces the complexity inherent in managing and securing the evolving enterprise network. Cisco ISE is recognized as one of the industry's leading integrated and open platforms that helps provide comprehensive visibility of all users, devices, and applications that are on the network, as well as technology integration, automation, and granular policy control. With Cisco ISE, your organization will have a centralized security solution that automates context-aware access to connect trusted devices with trusted services.
As a member of our Enterprise Networking DevOps team, you will be responsible for builds and related operations for various OSes, fixes, enhancements, and completely new services to improve our processes. This job truly aims at changing the way engineers at Cisco live, play, work and learn by modernizing the Software Development Experience at Cisco, so it is a substantial role.
Who You Are
- 8+ years’ experience plus a BS or MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field
- Expertise in Git, GitHub / BitBucket in a CI environment is a requirement. Experience in other SCM tools such as Perforce, etc. is a strong plus
- Strong background and understanding of Unix & Linux
- Knowledge of Java and C/C++ code
- Experience in Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment tools such as Jenkins or equivalent, with build tools such as Maven, Gradle, repo management tools such as Nexus and Artifactory, and cloud infrastructure such as AWS
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Chef, Salt, Puppet, or equivalent and with Containerization software such as Docker or Kubernetes is nice to have
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration, Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Experience with Static Analysis and Code Coverage tools such as SonarQube and Jacoco
- Excellent communication skills in written and verbal English. Effective communicator
- Ability to work across multiple time zones and providing remote support for teams
- Passionate about work, strong can-do positive attitude
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks at once and work independently with minimal managerial oversight
- Should be able to work well both in a team setting and in individual projects
Desired SkillsKnowledge of embedded developer workflows
- Knowledge of build acceleration concepts
- Knowledge implementing Continuous Integration and Delivery Model
- Exposure to large scale software builds and integration
- Proven record of working with cross functional teams facilitating efficient software build and delivery
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven record of performance and ability to work independently as well as in a team.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco