Sr. Data Engineer 1241362
Location:Austin, Texas, US
Area of InterestInformation Technology
At Cisco we believe the internet has the power to transform the world. The Cisco Networking Academy program was established to provide global access to ICT education. We leverage our expertise in ICT and networking to develop courses delivered through public-private partnerships.
The Networking Academy is Cisco’s largest corporate social responsibility program, and aims to:
- improve socioeconomic conditions for individuals and communities
- increase access to digital education and career opportunities
- support the development of an educated ICT workforce, and
- promote the growth of the ICT industry.
For 20 years we have been changing worlds. The Network Academy Platform is currently used around 170 counties to deliver various courses including IoT, Cyber Security and CCNA.
What you’ll do:
As a member of Engineering’s solutions team, the selected candidate will lead Data and Business Intelligence teams to build next generation learning management solutions.
- You will bring a strong perspective that drives change and motivates engineers to develop simple solutions to complex problems.
- You will lead a team of data analysts and data scientists working on advanced learning Analytics.
- You align with your team and will be responsible for developing and testing reusable components and services using Microservices and Containers.
- You will closely work with architecture team to scale out the platform to process thousands of events per minute, and be the expert on our team for running stream processing systems.
Who You’ll Work With:
The NetAcad Engineering team supports Cisco Corporate Affairs with emphasis on the Cisco Networking Academy Program among others. It is responsible for the research, design, development, test, and release of NetAcad online Learning Management system used by secondary schools, universities, and community organizations. You will be working closely with the world class Engineering and Product management team members.
Who You Are:
You are a senior ETL and Big Data expert with 5+ years of experience who’ll be responsible for architecting and developing data flow architectures for our next Generation Architecture. We are moving to Big Data platform and all the current ETL needs to be transitioned to Spark and Ozzie . In doing so, you will leverage industry-strength data movement technologies You must be able to:
• Understand existing ETL tool components used for developing efficient solutions for data management, conversion, migration and integration.
• Develop overall design closely working with architects.
• Deploy and customize Standard Architecture components.
• Support development of task plans including schedule and effort estimation, working closely with Product Management.
• Advanced ETL experience using Informatica
• Strong individual contributor in complex Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence project implementations; leadership experience a plus
• Proven experience in working directly with business customers
• Strong SQL skills including complex query building and query performance tuning
• Data analysis skills - ability to dig in and understand complex models and business processes
• UDB, SQL Server, Oracle, My SQL, Spark, Ozzie experience
• Strong understanding of Data warehousing design concepts/skills
• Data profiling experience
• Defining and implementing data integration architecture
• Strong ETL performance tuning skills. The ability to quickly and efficiently analyze and resolve performance issues within variety of operational environments
• Demonstrated ability to analyze data concerning production volumes, batch schedules, and i/o statistics
• Proven problem-solving / problem resolution abilities.
• Dimensional data modeling skills
• Familiar with Agile Development Methodology
• Cloud /SAS Experience
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We are Cisco