Sr. Credit & Collections Analyst
Location:Offsite, RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestFinance
About Us AppDynamics is the Application Intelligence company. With AppDynamics, enterprises have real-time insights into application performance, user performance and business performance so they can move faster in an increasingly sophisticated, software-driven world. Our integrated suite of products is built on our innovative, enterprise -grade App iQ Platform that enables our customers to make faster decisions that enhance customer engagement and improve operational and business performance. AppDynamics is uniquely positioned to enable enterprises to accelerate their digital transformations by actively monitoring, analyzing, and optimizing complex application environments at scale which has led to proven success and trust with the Global 2000
What You'll Do
Sr. Credit and Collections Analyst who will be responsible for ensuring the smooth design and operation of the new customer credit check process and reaching out to existing customers to facilitate timely payment on their purchases of AppDynamics products. This person will play an integral role on the Credit & Collections Team. This is a great chance to work for a fast paced, high-growth company with expectations of making a difference. Responsibilities include:
- Analyze new potential customers to determine whether they meet AppDynamics credit check thresholds and what amount of credit should be extended to the potential customer. Ability to explain decisions made along the process.
- Communicate with sales team regarding results of a credit review for potential customers.
- Identify most meaningful accounts receivable balances to collect on to meet company goals, and proactively connect with customers to ensure timely payment of related invoices. Build relationships with recurring customers in order to facilitate a smooth collection process.
- Communicate collection estimates for the month or quarter to the Finance team for use in company forecasts.
- Apply customer payments to correct invoices and investigate and resolve partial payments.
- For nonpaying customers, follow company policy in the proper resolution of such invoices and/or propose methods of collecting payment.
- Assess AppDynamics’ policy around nonpaying customers and propose enhancements to the policy.
- At month-end, analyze the open receivables for collection exposures and propose a detailed bad debt reserve estimate.
- Perform collections and credit analyses for Finance as determined necessary.
- Assist in the external audit process to ensure that company accounts receivable, bad debt allowance and bad debt expense are accounted for according to company policy and US GAAP
Who You'll Work With
AppAppDynamics Credi and Collections Team
Who You Are
First and foremost, you have a bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. Requirements include:
- 3-4 years Credit and Collection experience in a Software Industry preferred, Experience with performing credit checks on businesses preferred, even better if for sales of software or other high-tech goods.
- Experience with contacting clients regarding their payments strongly preferred, again, even better if for sales of software or other high-tech goods.
- Familiarity with applying customers’ cash payments to the related invoices preferred.
- Ability and desire to learn new skills with an enthusiasm for acquiring systems knowledge.
- Energy and desire to thrive in a fast-paced organization.
- Ability to identify areas for improvement in existing processes is a strong plus.
- Strong customer service orientation with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of projects and drive to completion
- Working knowledge of MS Office Word, Excell and Outlook
- Working knowledge of ERP and CRM ie. SAP, Oracle, NetSuite and Salesforce.com preferred
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!