Sr. Container Platform Product Owner 1248437
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestInformation Technology
What You'll Do
Our team is seeking an exceptionally technical and business-savvy individual, with extensive experience building and shaping cloud-hosting platforms, to join a team of talented engineers developing a large-scale container-based application hosting platform.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- You will team-up with the program’s leadership to define roadmaps and write user stories that will form the basis of planned work for the team. Your ability to influence as well as consider alternative viewpoints will be important in the most crucial aspects of this role: communication with end-users, organization of future work for the team, and writing awesome user stories.
- You will help analyze customer opportunities and supply to the product and teams direction, while also sharpening your technical abilities with hands-on development of the platform.
- Part-time you will chip in your software development expertise to building custom microservices (Groovy or Java experience preferred), collaborating with the team on design and planning, and using 12-factor design principles including but not limited to: test-driven development, dependency injection, design-by-contract, RESTful design, and continuous integration/delivery.
Who You'll Work With
You will be working in a team dedicated to better the delivery of software development tools and services to Cisco Engineering. We value working together, attention to detail, and enthusiasm for our mission – but most of all we know how to have fun while working.
Who You Are
Your peers consider you a flexible teammate willing to learn new things and teach others. As a result, you are not afraid to ask both tough and easy questions. You bring your opinions to the table in a courteous and respectful manner but are willing to fully adopt the direction of the team. Your strong communication, collaboration, organizational, and analytical skills truly helps the team.
- 5+ years’ experience writing epics and user stories for agile teams oriented towards cloud-based hosting services and development experience using microservice architecture and design
- 3+ years of architectural and design experience with advanced technologies in order to connect the epics and stories you will write to an executable strategy for the development team.
- Experience communicating with end-users to capture requirements, prioritizing needs based on multiple variables, planning course-grained roadmap deliverables, and refining into executable epics and user-stories for the development team.
- An eye for separating business requirements from implementation detail and identifying and resolving dependencies between stories to reach end goals.
- Hands-on experience writing web applications with Groovy, Java, NodeJS (server or client), Python, or Go are highly preferred
- A proven track record with Docker containers with a deep understanding of the current container ecosystem and marketplace.
- You should be at least aware of at a high level (and stay up-to-date on) trending technologies related to building a container-hosting platform and our users’ interests. For example: Kubernetes, Swarm, Mesos/Marathon, Fluentd, etcd, Consul, Istio, GKE, quay.io, Weave, etc.
Joining this modern agile DevOps team, you will have an opportunity to use your many strengths and grow into technical areas including: infrastructure, provisioning automation, container orchestration, machine learning, metaheuristics, API design, message queues, web-based interfaces, and end-user interaction. We need someone with a self-starter attitude who possesses a mix of technical and business skills from coding restful services, to anticipating what end-users want from a cloud platform, and be able to serve as the communication link between incoming requirements and our development team.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.