Sr Component Engineer for Mixed Signal Commodities 1235318
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestSupply Chain
What You'll Do
Did you know? Cisco Supply Chain was just ranked #1 for Tech Companies and #3 overall on Gartner, Inc’s annual Supply Chain Top 25 which identifies supply chain leaders and highlights their best practices. There’s never been a better time to join us!
The Component Quality and Technology group within the Supply Chain Organization at Cisco is looking for a Sr Component Engineer with extensive experience and deep understanding in mixed signal component supporting power systems.
As a component engineer, it is expected to keep tabs on new technologies in the commodity space, market trends, and business unit needs.
You will partner with Sourcing Commodity Managers to support engineering’s product roadmap and development of holistic (power) solutions in alignment with the commodity strategy.
You will promote teamwork in a dynamic environment coordinating efforts to solve design problems related to component or supplier excursions, while highlighting key program risk to management and clearly explaining path to resolution.
You also need to maintain strong working relationships with different stakeholders and employ excellent communication skills to work cross functionally with hardware engineering, the supply chain organization, and commodity suppliers.
When quality excursions arise during new product development or sustaining, it is expected that you manage quality reviews and lead the team to Root Cause, Corrective and Preventative Actions.
You will also need to deal with unexpected challenges in a professional manner.
Who You'll Work With
You will be part of the Technology and Quality (T&Q) Organization within the Supply Chain Operations organization. T&Q is a key hub of technical innovation in Cisco. Members of the organization focus on evaluating and developing new technologies to enable sustained product differentiation. You will be a part of a diverse team that seamlessly blends different levels of expertise in several areas of semiconductor and systems design combining traditional knowledge with groundbreaking data analytics techniques to tackle increasingly complex problems. You will regularly engage with:
- Business units as your partners and customers: Influence the power system architecture roadmap and navigate the trade-offs between performance, quality, time to market, and cost to enable scaling Cisco’s hardware engineering roadmap. Participate in the high-level architecture and design of electronic systems as required. Manage component Failure Analysis activities during development and production.
- Suppliers of the commodity space you are managing: Influence and monitor mixed signal suppliers ongoing development methodologies and processes in regards to performance assessment in line with supplier specifications and component long term reliability, in addition to ongoing assessment of supplier quality management systems capabilities.
- Extended team members of T&Q: Be part of a broad technical component engineering team supporting all commodities.
- Supply Chain organization functions including Global Supply Management, Product Operations and Global Manufacturing Organization.
Who You Are
- Education and/or Experience: Bachelor Degree or higher in electrical engineering and 10+ years of electronics experience.
- Technical with deep understanding of electrical engineering principles in both analog and digital domains including electronics design experience in high-speed mixed signal circuit design.
- Knowledge of properties and process used in microelectronics fabrication and PCBA assembly (manufacturing process and controls, test and detection).
- Knowledge of semiconductor components and modules design, fabrication, characterization, qualification, testing, quality, reliability.
- Driven, organized, detail oriented, adept at driving actions, resolving conflicts and communicates with ease at all levels.
- Possess an ownership/leadership mindset.
- Strong communication and strong interpersonal skills.
- Willing to travel (internationally and domestically) to visit suppliers and business units.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and you will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, all applicants who meet qualifications with arrest and conviction records.