Sr. Cloud Native Technical Leader, Golang- ET&I
Location:Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Networking, Security
Who We Are
Cisco Cloud Native Innovation Group is looking for a Software Technical Leader to join the team, define, craft and evolve Cisco's Cloud Native security offering.
Our organization is anticipating high growth. We are seeking talent with the agility and creativity to explore opportunities and fill in needs as they arise across our teams. Applicants should be seeking a flexible role, in which they not only provide leadership in their primary function, but also contribute in meaningful ways to other projects. We are looking for individuals who are excited about pivoting quickly to different domains that may be outside of their normal scope of responsibilities.
Learn more about us at https://eti.cisco.com
What You'll do
- Act as a senior software developer / technical lead, while working in an agile software development cycles.
- Innovate in both enterprise offerings and new innovative open source projects
- Lead sophisticated features development through its entire R&D lifecycle
- Ensure, maintain and evolve high development standards within the team.
- You’ll have an outstanding opportunity to work with innovative technologies, lead and define systems that will set new standards of security in the cloud native world
- Be part of the Cisco organization that is driving the evolution and expansion into new technology areas and market segments.
Who You Are
- Experience with developing in a Cloud Native environment, with good knowledge of Docker/Kubernetes deployments and internals and Service mesh architecture
- Experience with open source contribution
- Ability to develop in a Micro-service architecture using REST/gRPC
- Experience with Networking and Cyber Security
- Extensive technical depth in either C/CPP or Go
- Experience with working on cloud environments like AWS, Azure, GCP
- Experience using automated API documentation tools such as Swagger
- Experience with CI/CD
- Computer science, Software Engineering or equivalent degree with proven experience.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here's how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.