Sr. ASIC Design Engineer
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
What You'll Do
- Author verification environment specifications, build test plans, and participate in micro-architecture specification reviews.
- Architect and implement complex verification environments.
- Help define, evolve, and support our verification methodology.
- Develop and analyze functional coverage.
- Collaborate with the design team to analyze and close code coverage.
- Scope third party verification IP requirements and solicit vendors.
- Triage, debug, and root cause simulation, software bring-up, and customer failures.
- Perform diagnostic and post silicon validation tests in the lab.
- Mentor and coach colleagues.
Who You'll Work With
Join the Cisco Silicon One team in developing a unified silicon architecture for web scale and service provider networks. Cisco’s RTP silicon team provides a unique experience for ASIC engineers by combining the resources offered by a large multi-geography silicon organization and a large campus (with onsite gym, healthcare, and café, social interest groups, and philanthropy), with the startup culture and breadth of growth opportunities that working in a smaller ASIC team can provide. At Cisco we connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking ambitious risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals; and we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are leaders with vision, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco.
To learn more about our products do visit https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/service-provider/innovation/silicon-one.html?CCID=cc001248
Who you Are
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical or Computer engineering.
- 5+ years of ASIC Design experience.
- Excellent Verilog/System Verilog programming skills.
- Experience with UVM (or similar).
- Deep understanding of object oriented programming principles, constrained random stimulus, and a coverage driven verification approach.
- Strong interactive and waveform debug skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Collaborative and team-focused with the commitment to learn and grow.
- Scripting experience (Python, Perl, TCL, shell programming) highly desirable.
Cisco Equal Opportunity
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
WE ARE CISCO #WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it. We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box! But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.) Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward. So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.