Specialist - IT Compliance & Risk Management
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Who You'll Work With
You will be part of the IT Compliance & Risk Management team. This team partners with the Financial and Risk Management organization to execute the IT Scope under a company-wide program for financial control compliance covering the existing control environment through the SOX Program Management Office and Internal Control Readiness activities for prospective changes driven by key corporate strategic initiatives. The scope also includes covering the control environment to meet local India Financial Compliance. The IT Compliance & Risk Management team is also an advisor to the IT organization that includes a broad scope of IT Compliance initiatives. You will operate as a Strategic Partner with key partners to include Project Teams, SOX Process Leads, SOX IT Control owner community and IT leadership, external auditors, Business Process Teams and respective cross-functional organization
What You'll Do
You will be responsible for monitoring and assessing the internal control environment for IT Controls. You will be part of a team responsible for crafting and updating process flows and control documentation, performing walkthroughs of controls, identifying and accessing the key controls that mitigate financial statement assertions and various compliance risks, document control deficiencies and communicate exceptions to IT Leadership.
- Collaborate with various IT departments and control owners to understand, assess and address operational and SOx risks and exposures through a risk and control self-assessment process.
- Maintain the 2015 COSO Framework mapping documentation and gap assessment and follow-up on remediation if necessary.
- Monitor SOX related IT controls as well as overseeing change management for work processes.
- Identify and recommend changes to improve efficiency as well as process for IT key controls and process flow.
- Conduct an analysis of internal policies, guidelines, procedures and processes to evaluate the accuracy and adequacy of internal controls, operations, and reporting in the area of Groundbreaking programs and processes impacting Sox/404 process as well as other regulatory compliance requirements as needed.
- Identify and mitigate areas of risk which might arise from inadequate or failed internal processes or systems.
- Team with internal and external audit to review the results of SOX testing and work with line-of-business owners to resolve deficiencies and further refine/define controls.
- Assist with procedures to monitor those risks and related drivers using key risk indicators. Make recommendations to address and mitigate identified risks.
- Execute the operational risk and control self-assessment process and measurement program utilizing risk control tools and key risk indicators including all core products, activities, processes and systems.
- Provide direction and support to the IT Controls Owners for the design, collection, analysis and reporting of financial and operational risk data.
- Update and maintain the SOX control database; oversee the execution of control testing, review test work papers for quality and act as SOX SME for process.
- Participate with other Risk Management teams (compliance, credit, market risk) to identify current and emerging risk exposures and develop appropriate risk mitigation strategies.
- Support other responsibilities of the Operational Risk Department.
Who You Are
You are an organized, driven and motivated individual with excellent organization skills with attention to detail.
You are an effective communicator with strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with cross functional teams.
You have a natural curiosity to learn about new regulatory compliance or understand groundbreaking programs and problems solve these in partnership with SME’s in Cisco to implement the right set of controls that mitigate SOx and other compliance risks.
Our minimum requirements for this role:
- BA/BS degree preferred with a strong academic record
- Project Management experience
- At least 6+ years’ experience with an emphasis on evaluation of internal controls or operational risk in one or more of the following areas: IT Processes and General Controls, operational/enterprise risk management, audit, accounting, Sarbanes Oxley compliance
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are rapidly growing our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine crafting unprecedented disruption. Your groundbreaking ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
At Cisco, each person brings their rare talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things taking ambitious risks to craft the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with rare personalities who aren't afraid to change.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
- Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- We are leaders with vision, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us!