Sourcing Manager GMO - 1250626
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestSupply Chain
What You'll Do
Did you know? Cisco Supply Chain was just ranked #1 for Tech Companies and #3 overall on Gartner, Inc’s annual Supply Chain Top 25 which identifies supply chain leaders and highlights their standard methodologies. There’s never been a better time to join us!
We are searching for a Sourcing Manager to join our dynamic Partner Sourcing and Management team. In this role, you will provide an unrivaled customer experience by delivering the best value chain in the world. That's the vision of Supply Chain Operations, and our strategic intent is to put the customer first in all that we do.
You will be responsible for establishing and executing the E2E solutions sourcing strategy for a group of Cisco Products. Overall responsibilities include delivering supply chain partner solutions in support of Cisco's Product Segments for both new and sustaining products that align with technology, product and supply chain roadmaps.
You will also be responsible for:
- Driving continuous improvement of our overall Sourcing Strategy to ensure Cisco continues to be on the leading edge in terms of supply chain solutions in the industry.
- Building positive relationships with the leadership teams across multiple functions including Business Unit, Product Ops, Quality, Mfg Ops, GSM etc
- Leadership and the ability to collaborate in high pressure environments to develop solutions to complex supply chain problems in a timely manner to help resolve critical business problems.
- Developing and executing sourcing strategy, developing relationships with stakeholders, and driving the best solutions for Cisco.
- Driving engagement with stakeholders to ensure that PSL is adhered to and when there are exceptions, all options are explored before driving approval of adding new partners.
- Drive continuous improvement to Sourcing process and strategy: Dual sourcing of platforms, Dual sourcing PIDs, Product spec change management process, Re-evaluate product moves sourcing process.
Who You'll Work With
You will act as a business partner to GMO, Product Operations and the Business Units driving sourcing strategy and new business awards.
Who You Are
- 8-10 years of sourcing, commodity, partner and supply chain management experience
- Strong knowledge of sourcing practices and negotiations
- Expert knowledge of EMS, OEM and ODM supply base industry
- Strong knowledge of supply chain management requirements at each phase of development and manufacturing process cycle
- Excellent communication skills (presentation, written, verbal) of both technical and non-technical issues
- Equally adept at influencing engineering, NPI teams as well as management
- Capable of influencing internal decision makers to make decisions aligned with strategies and objectives benefiting the entire organization
- Strong team building skills to drive collaboration between different functional areas
- Significant and diverse management experience preferred
- Develop solutions using business and technical expertise
- Demonstrate record of decision-making on complex programs, conflict resolution, maintaining deadlines and leadership across organizations
- Proven team leadership and people development skills are highly desirable
- Knowledge of Cisco product and solutions platforms (access, IP NGN, video, switching, routing and system architecture) together with their present and future technology requirements is highly desirable
- Excellent communication and influencing skills a pre-requisite
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and you will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, all applicants who meet qualifications with arrest and conviction records.