Sourcing Commodity Manager for Mixed Signal & Timing and Passive Discreet & Logic
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestSupply Chain
Sourcing Commodity Manager, Mixed Signal & Timing, Passive, Discrete & Logic
What You'll Do
Did you know? Cisco Supply Chain was just ranked #1 for Tech Companies and #3 overall on Gartner, Inc s annual Supply Chain Top 25 which identifies supply chain leaders and highlights their standard methodologies. There’s never been a better time to join us!
Cisco Global Supplier Management (GSM) team is seeking a motivated Sourcing Commodity Manager for Mixed, Signal, Timing and Passive, Discrete, Logic commodities. You will be part of a highly impactful and dynamic organization collaborating with multi-functional teams and suppliers on early technology sensing and sourcing engagement.
We work closely with hardware design engineers across Cisco including early sensing and engagement to understand their product roadmap. You will lead and orchestrate the roadmap reviews between engineering and suppliers, find solutions, create proposals, and execute to meet business requirements, striking a balance between supply continuity, cost, and delivery.
- Investigate and source next generation technology
- Align and influence engineering on roadmap and strategy
- Provide technical expertise, special knowledge and market trends to engineering
- Drive value engineering through ideation and execution
Who You'll Work With
The Global Supplier Management (GSM) Organization is an industry leader in sourcing and supplier management that enable sustained innovation and supply chain perfection. You'll will join a very motivated team that achieves record setting results and a fun group that helps each other be successful at work and play. Our team focus is to drive innovation as well as best in class cost, quality and delivery; in order to accomplish this you will work very closely with constituents across Supply Base, Engineering, Finance, Manufacturing, Marketing and Legal.
Who You Are
You will have experience with mixed signal & timing, passive, discrete and logic technology, and knowledge of the industry. You have business experience, technical knowledge, people skills, aren’t intimidated by titles and can work with people toward a shared goal. You’re an innovator and you love technology.
You'll use your ability to influence, both inside and outside Cisco, to make sure we execute our strategy. Your top negotiation skills are used daily so that Cisco is competitive in the marketplace and our customers love our products.
Minimum requirements for this role:
- Understanding of electrical engineering principles in analog & mixed signal components including voltage regulators, power controllers, ADCs & DACs, PLLs, and analog-front-end RF circuit design.
- Understanding of passive component technology and industry, including capacitors & resistors.
- BA/BS or equivalent
- Technical or MS degree preferred
- 8+ years of multi-functional supply chain experience
- Strong experience with collaboration, communications, negotiations, facilitation, and contracts review.
- Adept at influencing decisions and developing solutions to complex business situations
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and procedures
- Ability to work across boundaries, earning trust, taking risk and being inclusive is highly valued
- International travel required
At Cisco, each person brings their rare talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and you will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, all applicants who meet qualifications with arrest and conviction records.