Solutions Test Engineer
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Networking, Software Development, Testing, Wireless, Mobility
Cisco is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate, and collaborate. Since 1984, Cisco has led in the innovation of IP-based networking technologies such as routing, switching, security, unified communications, video, and wireless. Our responsible business practices help ensure business sustainability and environmentally conscious operations and products.
Cisco is a $40 Billion-dollar global leader in supplying cutting edge, outstanding networking products driving today's Internet. The company is ranked as one of the world's best employers and spends over $5 Billion dollars a year invested in R&D. Cisco is a phenomenal place to grow your career.
Who You'll Work With
The Network Engineering on Cross Platforms (NeXT) develops software across the Routing, Switch and Wireless platform portfolios at Cisco. We are doing this by investing heavily to transform networking through cutting-edge solutions that will change the way Service Provider networks are built, maintained, and operated. The software and technologies we build covers products that span across all of Cisco’s core routing and switching platforms, powering some of the world’s largest networks.
What You'll Do
We seek smart, passionate, and forward-thinking people to help us define and build the next generation foundational infrastructure software and work together with a fast paced, dynamic, and hardworking team of engineers who strive to:
- Anticipate and work closely with developers and marketing teams at different stages such as PRD, functional specifications, design reviews to develop solutions test plans, tools, and utilities
- Design, develop, and document functional and interoperability level verification tests from systems specification and product requirements
- Execute Functional, interoperability and customer use test cases by transferring customer requirements into end-end customer solution validation documents. Track test cases and results. Raise, prioritize, and verify defects and fixes
- With dedication, seek to make continuous improvements to test coverage, execution, and automation. Optimize performance and dimensioning of configurations
Minimum requirements for this role
- Master of Science in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science combined with 6-8 years of related experience, or Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science combined with 8-10 yrs., related experience
- Experience with Networking protocols including IP, UDP, TCP and L4-L7 protocol testing
- Experience with Layer 2 -Layer 7 protocols and overlay solutions such as LxVPN, EVPN
- Hands-on experience with Traffic generator test tools such as Spirent Test Center, IXIA
- Proficient with network automation using Python or equivalent programming language
- Familiarity with the SW development cycle and software engineering
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Familiarity with Linux and modern software virtualization technologies such as Hypervisor, Docker
- Understanding of network operations and software development lifecycle
- Tackle sophisticated challenges and solve tough problems.
- Provide highly scalable, reliable, and secure OS/Infrastructure to build distributed applications
- Apply knowledge, expertise, and energy to create efficient and high impact software and architecture scaled from small device to massively scalable systems
- Develop highly available and fault tolerant systems to run 24/7 for business continuity without downtime or packet loss
- Innovate in virtualization space and distributed systems
- Push the limits on performance, latency and scale for both hardware and software
- Solving problems on large-scale networks
- Ability to transfer customer requirements needs into end-to-end customer solutions
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns, and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!