Solutions Integration Architect
Location:Offsite, New Jersey, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
What You'll Do
Cisco's Customer Experience team is one of the highest growing areas at Cisco. Passionate about the management and automation of customer’s hybrid IT, consultants work with some of the largest and thought-leading customers in the world. This Professional Services group helps build solutions, leads implementations, and enables customer self-sufficiency on market-leading Cisco software products.
The Solutions Integration Architect (SIA) is a critical customer facing role that requires the instinctive ability to recognize gaps in customer capabilities and to translate them into business requirements and an execution strategy. The solutions typically span horizontally cross architectural boundaries and may call for development of new solutions where none exist and clearly target solutions to business challenges and drive outcomes in the customer environment. The Solutions Integration Architect (SIA) is responsible for the development of the overall vision that underlies the customer centric solution, and plays a primary role in the design and implementation of that end-to-end solution. The SIA is expected to translate single solutions into repeatable solutions that can be leveraged across a larger customer base.
The successful SIA establishes deep and strategic customer and industry relationships, interfacing with and influencing senior level executives in Cisco’s top customer accounts, across other Cisco organizations, and in recognized industry forums. The SIA is also responsible for engaging and influencing multiple constituents across the Customer Experience organizations. The Solutions Integration Architect reports into the theater delivery leadership, and is geographically aligned with assigned customer(s).
Focuses on identification of opportunities that are possible and practical as part of a longer-term account strategy and roadmap. Executes and implements by leading crossServices delivery organizations for AS-wide engagements. Is program-or project-oriented.
Clearly illustrates the value of Cisco services to the customer by aligning Services’ skills, efforts, and deliverables directly to the business, operational, or transformational outcomes objectives for beachhead accounts or large accounts. Manages business constraints for implementation. Lowers customer risk and leverages customer assets by consolidating and reconciling interoperability requirements, refining and validating dependencies, and confirming readiness for transformation (multiple customers, vertical, or segment, existing solutions).
Applies understanding of Cisco horizontal, or cross-architectural, solutions to develop repeatable business level proposals. Leverages multiple technologies to create vertical- / segment-specific solutions for our customers as needed. Larger customers or more complex solutions. Creates delivery cohesion by coordinating and orchestrating the multiple services being delivered into a single effort / outcome. Creates opportunities by Identifying gaps in customers’ capabilities and relating them to business and technical architectures (solutions). Creates foundations for success by formulating high-level implementation and migration strategies. Translates process, operational, and business architectures into technology enablers. Partners closely with Program Managers to oversee the project life cycle, from initial kickoff through requirements analysis, design and implementation phases for projects within the solution area. Owns business solution roadmap - current and future state - for assigned customers. Surveys market landscape for solution insights, direction, vendors, and methods. Drives business development life cycle by serving as a SME to help identify and qualify business development opportunities and influence incremental growth. Develops and maintains vendor and partner relationships across the ecosystem. Builds and maintains repository for deliverables, methodologies, and engagement collateral to enable leverage and re-use.
Who You'll Work With
As a SIA, you will report directly into the Theater Delivery Team with primary responsibility for the installation, integration, customization and delivery of Cisco Software products focusing on cloud and networking orchestration and automation. There will be significant customer interaction including on-site delivery for POCs, Production-Pilots and Production deployments.
Provides direction to and coordinates efforts of engineers and Solution Architects across all Services. Actively guides Services Sales pursuits to closure. Takes direction from Theater Leads, SDEs, and Enterprise Architects.
Who You Are
* You install, deploy, or configure Enterprise solutions for customers.
* Integrate systems to multiple enterprise applications.
* Transfer knowledge of implemented software and processes to customer in hands-on sessions, and by creating customer-facing documentation.
* You're able to explain technical issues and present information in a concise manner to both technical and non-technical personnel.
* You maintain effective working relationships with assigned customers and project managers.
* You effectively work independently and as part of a team to implement solutions for customers
* Generates network configurations from Low Level Design for highly complex networks
* Plans and executes highly complex Network Upgrade and Network Migration activity.
* Typically requires BS, CS, or University degree equivalent and 8+ years relevant experience in network engineering or telecommunications support environment. Advanced degree strongly preferred.
* CCIE or relevant 5 years’ experience
* Communication skills to include conflict management, negotiation, presentation/demonstration, and written communication.
* Excellent troubleshooting skills.
* Document creation of technical documentation, for internal and external customer such as method of procedures, solution design, installation procedures, testing procedures, troubleshooting guides, etc.
The SIA’s primary role is positioning, architecting and delivering service solutions around Cisco's Enterprise technologies and integrating them into the customer's overall data center architecture and design. This position will help drive sales, serve as a data center subject matter expert, lead delivery efforts and mentor other technical consultants within the team. Since this is a high profile position with interface to Cisco's premier customers, travel is required and can be anywhere from 10 - 50% of the time.
Experience/Skills: The ideal candidate will have deep technical expertise and expert knowledge of Cisco's Enterprise products and solutions. Candidate must be self-motivated, team oriented and must possess strong interpersonal and presentation skills. The following skillsets are thus desired of this candidate:
(1) Experience in designing, deploying and maintaining Enterprise networks.
(2) Extensive experience in network configuration of Enterprise and Data Center products, routers and switches.
(3) Architectural knowledge of virtualization tools and concepts
(4) Deep expertise of OSI Layer 2 (Spanning tree, vPC, Fabric Path, EtherChannel, VLAN, etc), Layer 3 switching /routing (OSPF, EIGRP, ISIS, BGP, MPLS, IPv4/6), DNS/DHCP WAN/ISP, network virtualization (N1kv, VRF), basics of higher layer protocols: SSL/TLS, HTTP, real-time traffic (voice/video), NFS, database access protocols
(5) Extensive experience in Cisco’s Data Center Product Line: Nexus Products (N9K, N7K, N5k, N2k, N1kV), Catalyst products (65xx, 49xx switches)
(4) Experience in presenting to internal Cisco development teams, sales teams, field customers and technology forums. Individual needs to have a track record of successful executive interaction, consultative selling and excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
(5) The position typically requires a minimum of BSEE/CS degree or equivalent of 5+ years relevant experience in internetworking technologies and applications.
(6) CCIE candidates are highly preferred.
Ability to be a trusted advisor -- to influence, inspire confidence and build deep and enduring relationships with key executives who influence or make business decisions. Ability to position and propose solutions outside of traditional IT buyer. Ability to define outcomes-based solutions; to define, drive, and track success measures; to simplify and explain the complex. Possess core skills in: problem solving, negotiating, business writing, customer relationship management, effective presentation, and active listening. Hands-on experience in multiple industries (e.g., retail, financial) and at the same time across several disciplines (e.g., Data Center, Security, Collaboration). Ability to understand industry strategies, business challenges, and desired business outcomes and develop a technology, solutions-oriented strategy at a vertical or segment level that can deliver those outcomes. Conversant in IT operations processes (e.g., ITIL) and how IT processes, practices, and capabilities are leveraged in solution development, deployment, and management. Strong knowledge and understanding of the Services Portfolio of offerings. Demonstrated ability to identify gaps and drive innovation solutions that close the gaps into the portfolio and into the accounts covered.
Possesses knowledge of regulatory environment, policies, and industry requirements specific to customers served (i.e. HIPAA, FISMA, Sarbanes-Oxley, etc.). Ability to deliver long term, strategic business relationships that bring business growth results. Financial Acumen – Understand finance and P&L process and standards.
The Solutions Integration Architect is often a highly seasoned senior technocrat who has led multiple projects through the Software development process or Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC), and has usually performed in a variety of different roles in that life cycle. Requires an undergraduate degree (or equivalent). MS or MBA is preferred. 8 – 10 years of experience in customer centric roles, within delivery, IT, pre-sales. Requires proven and effective leadership and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively with others through conflicting pressures and priorities while resolving complex issues. Significant previous experience of requirements gathering and solution design in a commercial setting
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are inspiring leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco