Solutions Development Architect
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
What You'll Do
- Hunt for deals, aligning activities with Sales teams for Cisco's Lifecycle selling and transformational opportunities
- Identifies, analyzes and resolves system design weaknesses. Influences the shaping of future solutions by contributing to the architecture used across multiple products or systems.
- Co-leads the pre-sales solution architecture and introduces the overall technical vision for a particular solution to stakeholders
- Leads CX response to RFP/RFIs for their selected accounts
- Creates, evaluates and implements plans and design proposals for high impact solutions; considers key factors such as their long-term effectiveness (service delivery and cost), practicality, technical limitations and criticality.
- Leverages a cross-architecture approach in solutions development with mid to high level technical expertise to create journey maps and multi-year roadmaps
- Focus on pre-sales architecture activities and ensuring a follow-thru with post-sales architects; Become the bridge to ensure the scoped solution is delivered
Who You'll Work With
In this role you will have the opportunity to collaborate across multiple functions; including working with our Customer Delivery Architecture teams, CX CTO, Product Business Units and Sales teams to progress opportunities to closure with minimal friction. You will work with internal/external partners, including ecosystem partners, to help ensure comprehensive and scalable technology implementations can be realized.
Who You Are
- Demonstrate consultative selling motions with confidence via designs, blueprints, architecture frameworks, systems or products (the solutions) and aligning them to the customer’s desired business outcomes
- Knowledge of Professional Services business with Delivery background working with strategic customers
- Demonstrates industry specific expertise that is desirable for contextualizing solutions to the vertical
- Excellent executive level communication and presentation skills to simplify conveying the value of underlying sophisticated solutions
Preferred Requirements are:
- At least one Cisco technical certification or other relevant industry certifications
- Direct customer pre-sales experience
- Previous Business Development experience in a Technology company
- Strong customer executive level engagement experience
- Extensive experience in technical customer facing solution development in pre-sales roles or technical consulting roles
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills to consult, communicate and position solution value and capabilities to customers executives
- A proven track record helping to grow a Professional Services business, build & drive Professional Services focused GTM strategy
- Expertise in solution components spanning multiple domains e.g. security, networking, applications, cloud, operations etc. in one or more customer market segments – SP, Enterprise, Public Sector, Commercials
- Ability to work and lead in a multi-functional diverse matrix organization of authorities
- Experience with producing compelling proposals with associated Service Design, levels of effort, quotes, and contracting documentation
- Experience in partnering / subcontracting professional services is an advantage
- Experience in Risk Assessment/Management desirable
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their businesses, AND we are a hardware company, a software company, and a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
Cisco is at the vanguard of impact: delivering our technology in meaningful ways allowing people to live more fulfilling and richer lives. It's why we exist. We are a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.