Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
What You'll Do
The Wireless Solutions Architect builds end to end solutions, which includes, Cisco Wireless Networking, Cisco IoT Edge Intelligence, Cisco core products and IoT and wireless partner products. The Wireless team seeks a hands-on wireless network solution architect to develop end to end wireless solutions/Cisco Validated Design (CVDs). In this role you'll lead the architecture, design, and solution test in lab and field environments to provide mentorship for our valued customers. You will also provide mentoring and knowledge sharing opportunities with the rest of the Wireless and IoT teams. Wireless and IoT is ramping quickly in Cisco, this is your opportunity to join an organization whose day job is the IoT!
Who You'll Work With
Our team of skilled engineers and architects are busy developing and validating solutions for key wireless and IoT customers and industries. We work with business leaders, field teams, services and partners, to develop solutions which help our customers tackle critical business problems. If you're looking for a place to develop and demonstrate a broad range of technical skills and expertise, solutions architecture is the place to be.
Who You Are
You will demonstrate deep technical knowledge of networking technologies with a strong focus on end-to-end network architecture. You will have hands on knowledge and experience implementing these architectures with your keen networking and problem solving skills. You will also have an open and engaging collaboration style with a high level of energy and initiative.
- More than 10 years of experience in roles such as solutions/system integration and deployment, industry architecture, scale and performance testing, technical support, customer experience/services is required
- Knowledge of IoT sensors, gateways and cloud applications in the market is desirable.
- Understand the use case requirements and develop a detailed solution architecture, design and test plan.
- You have a strong knowledge of networking, and wireless technologies - Cisco unified wireless, Cisco autonomous AP, mesh, WI-FI, asset tracking, LTE, DSRC, LoRAWAN
- You will work with engineering, product marketing, sales, and services to understand the business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
- You should have strong troubleshooting skills in wireless, and networking.
- You will effectively utilize lab setups to debug broad and complex problems and submit complete bug reports while monitoring reports of other engineers for quality.
- You will support Engineering and product organizations on future product development.
- Optional but an advantage: Programming/Scripting such as Python
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.