Solutions Architect for Web
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Collaboration, Video, Networking
What You'll Do
Cisco seeks an ambitious and driven pre-sales Systems Architect to lead a co-development network engineering engagement with a large Enterprise and Service Provider (SP) customer. This is a highly technical (pre-sales) position that supports the Sales organization working directly with the Web/Cloud SP business, and running all the technical aspects of pre-sales activities. This position has minimal post sales support.
The Cisco SA is responsible for presenting, demonstrating, designing solutions, feature planning and organization to pursue the routing and switching needs from one of the most influential companies in the world. You should be highly accomplished with Enterprise networking skills, routing protocols, Wireless mobility, Optical Networking, QoS, MPLS, SP networking designs, SDN, Netconf/gRPC/gNMI/YANG, Security, Telemetry and Segment Routing. You are a self-starter, act as an industry authority guide, and strive to align Cisco and large Web SPs to maximize customer value.
Who You'll Work With
As a Systems Architect, you will work on a collaborative sales and sales engineering team. This team peers with the customer and collaborates with internal business units to create networking solutions to address the needs of large corporate web providers.
One of the primary technology trends in web networking is scalable, programmatic operations integrated with traditional enterprise networking, mobility and optical. We are seeing many ideas and enquiries to migrate to a design that can support multiple equipment and services vendors for a comprehensive solution. The SA would need to help innovate, position, align, test and sell architectures that enable the Cisco strategy in a scalable, programmatic and secure way.
Who You Are
Extensive pre-sales experience preferred. Typically requires BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent. CCIE certification is helpful. Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, negotiation, consultative skills ambitious interpersonal and relationship building skills required. Ability to work effectively, chip in as a team member and assume a leadership role for the team. Ability to train and disseminate enterprise and SP networking trends within an area. Ability to understand complex technical and selling situations and the ability to seek the problem or solicit the required resources.
This role will include potential for moderate travel responsibilities.
Ought to have capabilities:
- Sales and presentation skills are needed
- Effective at communication across many technology areas within Cisco
- The ability and comfort level to present easily to customer engineers, managers and executives to effective position the value of the Cisco solutions and how it solves the customer problems or achieves their goals.
- A desire to work with account teams on strategy, architecture and design of customer networks.
- Desire and ability to convey ideas with Cisco Engineering Leaders to co-develop products or software features directly for Enterprises.
- Craft, present and document technical solutions for in-depth and high-level technical presentations to the customers, Cisco Development and prospects
- Participate in the writing of requirements documents and test plans
- Deep understanding of Enterprise, Mobility, SP and data center technologies and architectures.
- Routing standards and technologies including OSPF, ISIS, BGP, MPLS, LAG, ECLB, Segment Routing.
- Enterprise security designs
- In-depth knowledge of Cisco routing and switching products
- Wireless mobility knowledge including WiFi, Wi-Fi 6, and 802.11 standards
- Deep understanding of merchant silicon
- Enterprise campus and WAN architecture
- SP/Web provider designs and architecture
- Leaf and Spine architecture
- Comprehension of Automation with focus on NetConf, gRPC, YANG Models, OpenConfig, OpenFlow, gNMI, and industry controller technologies.
- Optical DWDM, ROADM, Metro and Long Haul Architectures
- At Cisco, each person brings their different talents to work together and make a difference.
- Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.