Solutions Architect - Data Centre
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Networking
Technology Leadership (AMO)
Interacting with Leaders across CXO, Technology AMO, Influencers/Stakeholders across Application, Security, Digital Transformations team and Partner organizations. You should be able to interact with the clients to better understand their Business Objectives, Metrics and Strategic goals; and help develop, discuss and explain Architecture Blueprints and define the execution methodology to achieve the agreed areas of execution.
It is expected that you will use your knowledge, experience, Cisco and partner ecosystem to curate and architect solutions to problems/situations that have not yet been clearly defined or captured by Cisco’s predefined Product or Solution Architectures. This could span, using 3rd party products, tweaking/updating/evolving the “Standard/Reference Product Architectures”, Software Customizations and Non-Cisco Services capabilities or even working with the customers or partners to adopt new generation processes or methods that simplify or improves outcomes.
Pre Sales and Service Offers
You will help Cisco Services sellers in the Pre-Sales motion by defining Cisco’s Services Proposals in line with Partner and Customer goals and within the preview of the agreed scope and technical feasibility. You will also work with the larger CX Delivery team members across Theater, Centers, BDMs and Partners to accurately define the scope, RACI matrix, right size the efforts, identify risks (define mitigation, across, Product, Delivery Capabilities/Dependencies across Cisco, partners, customers and other material asks for a successful outcome.
You will also help in ideating, evolving, and expanding Cisco Services portfolio across India and SAARC markets to ensure Service offers stays relevant and are simple to sell/adopt for both the End Customers and our Partners. As such, you will have to interact with Service and Product Sellers, Partners, Business Development Teams, Delivery teams and Product Managers.
For Projects, you will provide technical Governance and orchestrate customer/partner interaction to ensure the Project is driven to the desired technical and business outcomes within the Target Timelines, Efforts and Technical Quality Expectations. You will be accountable and responsible for technically success of the defined architecture, integration points, customization requirements, and execution strategy. Wherever you see a gap or deviation you will flag and suggest corrective actions and help the Project Manager update and supervise the delivery motion.
Defining, conducting, and leading, proactive or reactive audits with the objective of identifying key technology and best practices gap in the customer’s deployed technology platforms. Providing technology recommendations and where required design recommendations. Work closely with customers and/or Sales teams to support or identify Technology Transformation opportunities in-line with customer’s and Cisco’s business objectives.
Lead/Support Cisco’s Premium Services delivery across Life Cycle Services, Expert Care and/or Success Tracks. Work closely with teams across the above portfolio to review technical delivery and provide Governance in partnership with Cisco’s Project Managers, High Touch Operations Managers, Delivery Leaders and Customer Success Program Managers.
You will also be responsible to work with cross functional teams across Sales Systems Engineering, Product Sales Specialists, Engineering TMEs/TLs/Leads, Cisco TA/Expert Care, BCS/LCS Leads, CX Centres, TTG, BDM, Service sellers to ensure successful outcomes for the above objectives.
This position is based out of Mumbai, India, and will cover customers across India and SAARC region.
Job Type: Full Time Cisco
Approximately 50% Domestic and International per annum
- The role requires flexibility in working hours to accommodate the needs of the business and our customer base.
Skills and experience
- 10+ years of Experience in Enterprise Network Architecture Design and Implementation. including extensive knowledge across SDx architectures (SDA, SDWAN, ACI, Security, IP MPLS etc). The primary architecture for the role will span technologies across Data Centre Routing and Switching Portfolio across Cisco and Non-Cisco Product lines.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of IP. Added SP and Optical networking experience preferred.
- Have extensive knowledge in Enterprise Product Lines
- Experience in applying software/automation solutions to networking problems is a major plus. Prior Experience in Python/Java in a Network automation environment will be preferred.
- Must be a creative Enterprise Architect
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or equivalent in electrical/computer Engineering preferred.
- Professional networking certification – CCIE/CCDP or equivalent
- Other Relevant Certifications relevant to Architect such as CIE, CCDE, TOGAF etc
Additional Certifications (Desirable):
- ITIL Foundation Certification:
- Demonstrates an understanding of IT service management best practices, which is valuable for working in a support and maintenance role.
- Automation and Programming Certifications:
- Python Certification (e.g., Python Institute Certifications):
- Validates proficiency in Python programming, a valuable skill for automation in networking.
- Vendor-Specific Certifications (Other than Cisco):
- Depending on the specific technology stack used by the organization, additional certifications from other relevant vendors may be beneficial. Experience with Riverbed is desirable.
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. and/or Canada locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. or Canada hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco typically pays as follows:
.75% of incentive target for each 1% of revenue attainment up to 50% of quota;
1.5% of incentive target for each 1% of attainment between 50% and 75%;
1% of incentive target for each 1% of attainment between 75% and 100%; and once performance exceeds 100% attainment, incentive rates are at or above 1% for each 1% of attainment with no cap on incentive compensation.
For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.