Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Networking
Please note this posting is to advertise potential job opportunities. This exact role may not be open today, but could open in the near future. When you apply, a Cisco representative may contact you directly if a relevant position opens.
What You’ll do
Cisco seeks a Senior Solution Architect to join some of the industry’s best thinkers in developing and deploying today’s most advanced networking technologies for our Defence and Federal Government customers.
In this role, you will be focused on Cisco Data Centre (DC) and Enterprise Networking (EN) technologies to support our professional services delivery. You should have the necessary skills to deliver Cisco technology solutions on service engagements in the enablement of our customer’s programs and outcomes.
As a Solution Architect, you will be working with our customer’s planning/engineering teams, Cisco engineers and Cisco CX resources to design, influence and drive deployment and integration/migration strategy of Cisco solutions. The ability to work with various stakeholders on the team to gain additional insight of methods and procedures, quality improvements and related areas is a key requirement for this role.
In this role you will be involved in the following:
- Scope and deliver Cisco solutions required to deliver on customer technology programs.
- Design, implement, Integrate and migrate large/complex networks.
- Customer Facing SME for architecture/solution design and formulation of a delivery strategy.
- Technical design, analysis and remediation of customer network environments.
- Lead design workshop(s) and conduct detailed design of complex networks for green field as well as migration of existing production networks to new environments.
- Work extensively with customers, Cisco account teams and CX resources in developing a strategy to fix potential gaps and propose advanced solutions or services.
- Assure that the most complex customer network problems across a broad range of technologies are properly and quickly resolved to minimise the business impact.
- Cisco lead for customer and internal stakeholder communication.
- Work cross-functionally with other team members on complex solutions.
Who You'll Work With
CX is a team of extraordinary technical guides whose #1 focus is to deliver premier customer experience. We help take on the toughest business challenges with network-centric solutions that accelerate customer and partner success and dedication. Our success is validated through outstanding financial results, growing customer happiness metrics, industry recognition, and employee happiness scores.
The team pursues the most difficult technical issues for the entire range of Cisco technologies. Our engineers are among the most competent in the business and a significant number of them are CCIEs. Our work is deeply significant and multifaceted, and our customers depend on us to solve sophisticated issues and keep their networks humming. You will have an opportunity to lead, influence and challenge our robust teams.
Who You Are
- 15+ years working with Cisco infrastructure capabilities - developing and providing solutions on EN and DC technologies.
- Must be an Australian Citizen
- Strong knowledge and expertise of the following Cisco products and solutions:
- Cisco Products: Cisco ASR routers, Cisco CRS Routers, Nexus, 6500, ISR routers, Enterprise switches, Cisco 7000 series routers, NCS 6000
- Technologies: LAN Switching, Layer 2 WAN technologies, BGP, OSPF, ISIS, IP/MPLS, QOS, Traffic engineering, Multicast, QOS, Layer2/3 VPNs , IPv6, Metro Ethernet services, VPLS, VPRN on a hybrid network comprising of Cisco and competitive platforms.
- Hands-on experience in installation, configuration, testing and troubleshooting and/or network solutions.
- Goal-oriented, self-starter that is capable of driving results in both a team-oriented and individual contributor environment.
- Strong presence and credibility with clients and within the internal Cisco organisation.
- Superior organisational, conflict resolution, time management and negotiation skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Cisco certifications (CCIE, CCNA,CCNP) as appropriate in relevant technologies plus 15+ years of related experience in the IT industry.
- Passionate, persuasive and enthusiastic team member with the curiosity to learn, work in a fast-paced changing environment and evolve continuously to keep pace with Cisco’s solutions and technologies.
- High-level, analytical reasoning and creative problem-solving skills with the ability to convert thoughts to real and pragmatic execution.
At Cisco, each person brings their different talents to work as a team and make a difference. Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We Are Cisco.