Solution Architect, Technical Leader - Philippines
Location:Taguig City, National Capital Region, Philippines
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Why You'll Love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
What You'll Do
Digital Transformation is creating new opportunities for Service Providers worldwide. Cloud Native, Orchestration/Automation, Multi-Domain programmable transport, AI/ML driven data analytics, Security and Operational Transformation are technologies unlocking new possibilities for businesses to provide innovation and differentiated user experiences to their customers.
Cisco continue to innovate across our Service Provider portfolio, using cross-technology programmability, virtualisation and zero touch operational strategies to create solutions that achieve agility, speed, efficiency and scale for our customers.
The Cisco Services SP Practice specializes in creating solutions to solve complex business problems for Service Providers. Cisco has a comprehensive portfolio of Service Provider solutions, including Segment Routing, NFV, Automation, Orchestration, Virtualized Packet Core, DC Fabric and Security. Cisco is at the forefront of assisting customers move from legacy deployments to a fully virtualized systems, from RAN to Core, Edge Computing and Software Defined Operations.
Members of the SP Practice team are domain specialists and have a consistent track record of leading high-impact technology consulting engagements and developing senior customer relationships.
In this role, you will:
We are seeking a Principal Architect who is conversant with our Service Provider customers to unlock the potential of 5G. As a technologist you will be across Cisco's solutions as well as the market trends and competitive offerings. You will be part of a team that defines and develops cutting edge SP solutions and delivers lifecycle professional services.
From a strategy and portfolio perspective you will:
- Work with Sales to help define the customer strategy and influence customer decision-making
- Interlock with our Engineering teams to help advise on the development direction of products
- Engage with the Product Management teams on Services portfolio evolution
- Continue to build the 5G Practice capabilities
Who You'll Work With
This is a key customer facing role. You will work with the SP practice and other delivery teams in the field, but will also leverage a matrix organization of Sales, Engineering and other Customer Experience Service teams. This role is primarily focused on the delivery of services within Asia Pacific.
Who You Are
You are a self-starter, able to structure, prioritize and drive customer conversations. You are comfortable in handling complex client dynamics and are capable of aligning teams around a common set of objectives resulting in an ability to deliver superior results.
You have a mix of SP architecture, consulting and complex project delivery skills and can translate SP business concepts into technical requirements. You understand the stages an organization goes through during transformation - vision, strategy, migration (discovery, planning, and execution), and operations.
Our Leadership Requirements are as follows:
- 10+ years IT experience, 5+ years senior architecture delivery experience.
- High Proficiency in oral and written communications, with an ability to effectively influence others (customers, peers, senior management, etc.) using data-driven insights, emotional intelligence, confidence, and interpersonal awareness.
- Can link technological change to business impact.
- Able to hold a technical discussion at an executive level while being able to pivot into deeper technical conversations at an engineering level.
- Experience in strategizing and delivering transformational projects / programs.
- Experience in mentoring peers and teams in a professional services practice.
Our Technical Capability Requirements are as follows:
- Solid understanding of Service Provider Networking - routing, switching, routing protocols, MPLS, VPNs , Segment Routing, SR/MPLS and SRv6
- Expertise across SP technologies – Multi-layer Programmable transport (IP/Optical), Telco Edge / Cloud & Intelligent Fabric, Converged Virtual Packet core ( Cellular /WiFi / IOT, etc)
- Experience in delivering end to end network function virtualization / SDN Solutions. Thorough understanding of cloud computing and hybrid/multi cloud
- Working experience with SP Operations, including Dev/Net/Sec Ops
- Experience in SOA, web services, virtualization and cloud concepts.
- ITIL, IT4IT, TOGAF or Scrum (Master or Product Owner, etc.) certification (any)
- Recognized speaker or author/publisher of white papers or patents
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.