Solution Architect - Optics
Location:Taguig City, National Capital Region, Philippines
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
The Business Entity
Cisco seeks Consulting Engineers to join some of the industry’s best thinkers in developing and deploying today’s most advanced networking technologies.
In this role, you will be focused on Cisco Optical Networking to support our Professional Services delivery.
In this role, you should have the necessary skills to deliver Cisco Optical technology solutions on service engagements and provide enablement to our customers around Optical Networking technologies.
As an Optical/DWDM delivery engineer, you will be working in the field with our customers to install, configure & troubleshoot Optical/DWDM networks at customer facilities. You will also be working with other resources to ensure the delivery of the project is a success.
The role is expected to be a subject matter expert in the details of installation, configuration & troubleshooting of Optical technology. The ability to work with others on the team to gain additional insight into methods and procedures, quality improvements and related areas is a key requirement for this role.
Role & Responsibilities
- Install, configure and troubleshoot large/complex Optical networks
- Develop customer facing Optical network designs and as-built documentation
- Provide excellent customer service and support
- Work cross-functionally with other team members on complex solutions
- 7+ years hands-on experience working with DWDM/optical networking equipment, developing and providing implementation or migration solutions on optical networking technologies and equipment
- Thorough understanding of dense wavelength division multiplexing (DWDM) CDC (Colorless, Directionless, Contentionless) Architecture and Optical Transport Networking (OTN)
- Working knowledge of general networking topics such as TCP/IP networking, Linux, SSH and the capability to grasp new technology concepts quickly
- Hands on experience, design, installation and integration/migration of Cisco NCS1002/1004/ NCS2K/4K or similar optical platforms
- Goal-Oriented, self-starter that is capable of driving results in both a team-oriented and individual contributor environment
- Excellent documentation skills
- Experience with fiber optic characterization (FOC), optical test equipment (OTDR, OSA, BERT, optical power meter)
- Experience with multi-vendors optical platforms (Ciena, Infinera etc) is an advantage
We are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!