Solution Architect - Network(MPLS/IP/Datacentre)
Location:Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
- What You’ll do
- Account ownership, interfacing with the customer account team and stakeholders
- Provide Planning, Designing, Implementation, Operation and Optimization services to Cisco Advanced Services Customers around Cisco’s Enterprise Network & Data Center products and related solutions.
- Establish trusted advisor relationship with customer management and teams on Data Center Infrastructure areas and future technology trends
- Participates in or lead complex Data Center and Cloud infrastructure (network, storage and compute) design/implementation and migration, performance engineering or problem resolution projects
- Solves complex, cross-functional issues that cross many technologies in network, server, storage, O/S, virtualization, consolidation, middleware, security, applications, operations, content switching, caching and/or content delivery networks, and security
- Applies good analytic process to help bring any issue to resolution
- Provides technical support for customers during software and hardware upgrades and Proof of Concepts.
- Delivers migration plans, with a thorough understanding on networked applications and related dependencies
- Ensure smooth closure of engagements using relationship with the customer to guide them to the next step i.e. Sampler service to Assessment Service, Assessment Service to Optimization Service
- Guide other consultants and engineers, resolving challenges and ensuring customer success
- This individual will be passionate about their area of expertise and be interested in a specialist track as a long-term career objective. The winning candidate will have a clear record of achievement, a willingness to work hard and perseverance to make things happen.
- Who you are
- Broad technical knowledge of the R&S, Data center and its components: Applications, Storage, Network, Server and projects surrounding their planning, design, implementation, operation, and optimization.
- Architectural knowledge of virtualization tools and concepts is a bonus, to help architecture refresh discussions.
- Architectural knowledge of Three Tiered application environments
- Expert familiarity with cloud computing concepts including virtualization, web services API's, elastic infrastructure, distributed data storage (database, block, object), multi-tenancy, and metered usage patterns.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Perl, Python, or Bash. Python experience is preferred.
- Networking: OSI Layer 2 and switching knowledge (Spanning tree, vPC, EtherChannel, VLAN, VXLAN, etc), Layer 3 routing (OSPF, EIGRP, ISIS, BGP, MPLS, IPv4/6), DNS/DHCP WAN/ISP, network virtualization (N1kv, VRF), basics of higher layer protocols: SSL/TLS, HTTP, real-time traffic (voice/video), NFS, database access protocols
- Compute technologies: x86, hypervisor (Openstack/KVM), OS (Linux/Windows), workload mobility
- Storage technologies: file (NAS), block (SAN), object storage, transport (FCoE, iSCSI, etc), replication, backup, and performance.
- Programmatic control of infrastructure elements (data model, API), integration frameworks and technologies (SP-style)
- Cisco’s Data Center Product Line: ACI, Nexus Products (N7K, N5k, N2k, N1kV), Catalyst products (95xx, 65xx, 49xx switches) and UCS/Virt
- Content Switching (OSI Layer 4-7 Switching, Cisco, Citrix or F5 Load Balancers), Caching and Content Delivery
- Strong understanding of SaaS and Application Workloads in context of Data Center Architecture design
- Network/Infrastructure Security technologies (Firewall, access control, intrusion detection, intrusion prevention, administrative access control) and
- Compliance (PCI, SOx, HIPAA)
· Participate in the preparation of proposals and Statements of Work
· Ensure compliance to delivery methodology operational structure, roles & responsibilities
· Participates in weekly status meetings and other ad-hoc interactions with the customer managing specific asks from the customer and managing customer expectations from Cloud Consumption engagements
· Support the PM in resolution of project issues
· Track deliverables against the engagement schedule and support the PM track financial, resource and material requirements for the engagements
- Requires BS/BE/BTech degree or equivalent plus 10+ years of related experience in IT industry
- Certifications preferred
• CCIE Preferred
• VCP Certification a plus
- Passionate, persuasive, charismatic thought leader capable of quickly establishing executive interest in how to architect, deploy and operate the virtualized data center of the future.
- Understands and can articulate the value and business advantage of data center virtualization techniques and cloud architectures
- Strong customer-facing sales and architectural skills.
- Core expertise to include design concepts, IT analysis/analytical thinking, innovation management, enterprise perspective and process knowledge.
- Analyzes opportunities with a broad, strategic view; integrates business and technology requirements to achieve cross-domain solutions that work across the enterprise; applies methodologies that are appropriate for multiple users / technology platforms.
- Client-facing skills to include cross-functional influence, external and internal consulting/partnering.
- Excellent understanding of the industry landscape (competitors and partners)
- High-level, out-of-the-box thinking, analytical reasoning, and creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to shift from high-level thinking to realistic and pragmatic execution is essential.
- Solid understanding of the end-to-end IT process, including architecture, design & engineering, implementation, and operations;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills: ability to communicate technology strategy and architecture approach to engineers, executives, and Cisco customers.
- Willingness and ability to work with teams, ability to build relationships using an open and respectful communication and collaboration style.
- Communication skills to include conflict management, negotiation, presentation/demonstration, and written communication.
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
Keywords: Network Services Technical Architect.