Software Test Leader
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestSoftware Development, Testing
What you'll do
Cisco Sweden are expanding their engineering team in Stockholm, which means there is an exciting new opening for a Network Services Orchestrator.
As the technical specialist, you will share your deep technical knowledge and work both independently and with the team to solve sophisticated tasks.
Cisco Network Services Orchestrator (NSO) is industry-leading software for automating services across traditional and virtualized networks. NSO provides a robust bridge linking network automation and orchestration tools with the underlying physical and virtual infrastructure.
NSO platform is a large complex software system with a high grade of flexibility and configuration possibilities. For testing, that means that continuous risk management and careful selection of what and how we test is of great importance.
The Stockholm engineering team is responsible for the development of world leading network automation products:
- NSO: industry-leading software for automating services across traditional and virtualized networks.
- ConfD: a powerful management agent software framework for network elements, driving the industry towards network programmability using NETCONF (IETF Network Configuration Protocol) and YANG (IETF data model structure).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the total volume of test content for the NSO platform, this in cooperation with architects and development teams.
- Responsible for structure of test levels, use cases and test specifications
- Methodology regarding data driven approach to address gaps and weaknesses
- Will work in close cooperation with architects & QA lead to get preventive measures for test built into architecture
Who you'll work with
You will work within a team of experienced and passionate colleagues who are involved with the research and development of cutting-edge network automation technologies for our Global customers and Partners.
You will also be joining a team that was awarded No. 1 Great place to work 2019, and will be based out of our new modern office in Central Stockholm or Small cozy office in central Skellefteå.
Who we believe you are
- Experience in testing in large systems
- Experienced in cloud, orchestration and virtual networks
- Deeply interested and have hands on experience in test on several levels and aspects. E.g. from unit test to e2e
- Familiar to discuss functional, non-functional, service oriented test, parameterized, property based, Scenario, simulation vs real., performance, stability, variants etc.
- Knowledge but not necessary certified in ISTQB or similar, the weight in the role is to improve the continuous managing of scope and measure towards set targets rather than using a certain standard or process.
- Always thinking about automation and how to get the most value from the test we do in terms of cost for maintaining, building environments in relation to what confidence in quality it gives
- Strong in structure and have the ability to document and explain why certain risk based choices are made
- Experience of NSO test & or development would be desireable but not compulsory
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.