Software Technical Lead - Silicon One
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
What you’ll do:
You'll develop core software technologies at the heart of tomorrow's leading infrastructure solutions, tackling the entire range of challenges from user-facing APIs, through high-level algorithms, all the way down to firmware.
The Cisco Silicon One team develops breakthrough silicon products. If you want to work with amazing people, developing the next generation of world-class products, join us!
In this role, you will:
- Design and develop software driving the world's most advanced infrastructures, using modern C++ and Python.
- Enable the configuration of the Silicon One network processor for direct customer use, through open-compute models like SAI.
- Work with industry standard Network Operating systems like SONiC.
· Be a mentor to other team members, do code reviews, participate in design reviews, and lead complex tasks.
· Gain intimate knowledge of world-class silicon and programming models
Who You'll Work With
Our team develops the full software stack enabling the Silicon One network processors. Join a team of talented engineers with a proven track-record at delivering breakthrough products.
Our devices are adaptable across service providers and web-scale markets, designed for fixed and modular platforms. We deliver high speed without sacrificing programmability, buffering, power efficiency, scale or feature flexibility.
Cisco Silicon One™ is a revolutionary, ground-breaking technology for our customers and end-users for decades to come.
Who You Are
"Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life."
Work is amazing when you work with amazing people.
· Bring a cheerful, positive attitude
· Are a brilliant software/electrical engineer, regardless of previous experience
· Are self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership.
· Can quickly ramp on multiple, interdisciplinary domains.
· Believe in building software that has clean APIs and well-defined layers.
· Love taking on sophisticated problems.
Now is the time to contact us.
- Master’s degree or BSc with 8+ years of experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related major.
- Strong software design skills using C or C++
- Knowledge of or hands-on experience with L2/L3 networking technologies.
- Possess creative analytical skills and excellent troubleshooting/debugging skills.
WE ARE CISCO
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.