Software Team Leader - Sedona Network Topology
Location:Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Networking
Who We Are
Sedona, a startup that was recently acquired by Cisco, was an innovative company in the field of network control. Today we're developing the Cisco Crosswork Hierarchical Controller software – a solution that simplifies network operations of multi-layer and multi-vendor Core Networks, the continent-spanning networks that form the basis of the internet.
What You’ll do
As the manager of the Network Topology team, you will lead a group of engineers from Israel, India and Slovakia. The team is in charge of understanding how networks operate, the protocols that drive them, and how routers and optical network elements work. You will use this knowledge to build software that discovers networks, provisions services, and abstracts all the vendor specific parts.
Who You are
We are looking for an outstanding technical manager. The candidate will have to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, understanding of development processes, and a good programming experience.
To qualify for this position, you should meet the following minimum requirements:
- Background in networking and in the service providers’ world.
- Programming languages: Python and Java.
- Experience in leading software teams from concept to delivery, while efficiently resolving issues and removing risks and blockers.
- Comfortable working in an Agile environment.
- Familiar with micro-services based software architecture in a Linux environment.
- Able to write code with strong design and coding practices
- Ability to learn new technologies.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English.
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.