Software Sales Specialist
Location:Mexico City, Mexico
Area of InterestSales - Services, Solutions, Customer Success
Technology InterestSoftware Development, Testing
Cisco is in the process of a multi-year transformation to a Software-led value selling approach while maintaining focus on hardware/system sales. The company is making this transition to meet customer requirements and market dynamics around Recurring Software (RSW). In addition, software and subscription-based business drives greater predictability, more smooth cash flow, and higher margins for Cisco. Cisco's Strategy is to increase Software Subscription to 85% of Total Software revenue by FY2022, however we seek to reach this goal sooner. To achieve this goal, we are aligning Recurring Software Sales roles to drive this transformation in the form of a Software Sales Specialist.
The selected candidate will operate in a Sales Specialist (SS) role and will be a quota-carrying High-Performance Sales leader who is chartered with accelerating the adoption of Enterprise Agreements (EAs), and Cisco software Buying Models. The function will be focused on driving Infrastructure, Security, Data Center and Collaboration EAs in Mexico
- Gain and maintain Trusted Advisor status with Mexico’s Managing Director (MD), Senior SE Manager (SSEM), Operations Directors (OD), Regional Managers (RMs), SE Managers (SEMs), and their Architecture counterparts; all for the purpose of gaining the influence necessary to drive behavior change in the field.
- Drive Multi-Architecture, Infrastructure (EN, DC, AppD and Meraki) and Applications (Collaboration and Security EAs); including prospecting, working with pricing teams and legal tools, customer proposals and booking support. This includes working with our Architectures and CX specialists, as well as Account Teams to drive sales and growth of EAs.
- Work with Customer Experience (CX) and Services teams to prospect EAs through SWSS, Subscription, and SmartNet Renewals
- Partner with peer internal groups; Global Software Team, Software Simple Desk, Software Offer Monetization Office (OMO), Customer and Partner Services (CPS), Deal Management Office (DMO), and the Product BEs
- Serve as EA financial architect working with the Account and Architecture teams supporting DSA/discount structures, Cisco Capital integration, and return on investment/TCO analysis for customer proposals
- Align with Partners to construct the EA proposal along with customer sale of EA, inclusive of Partner Adoption Services and Cisco Services as appropriate
- Provide ongoing enablement of the Mexico’s sales field (AM/PSS/CSE) with respect to value selling and Buying Models
- Formulate and provide consistent communication of EA pipeline and forecast
- Act as the Operation’s software leader in all facets of the business, you will guide and mentor account teams with respect to Software-led Innovation and Subscription Value
Experience & Skills Required
- Can-do attitude, adaptable, comfortable with rapid pace of change, and able to function independently in a highly dynamic environment
- Capable of performing a "Player Coach" role.
- Experienced and persuasive sales professional, demonstrated ability to sell complex solutions, preferably experience selling software licensing in EA consumption
- Demonstrated ability to drive executive-level conversations with customers, Procurement, Finance, Legal, Partners, and Cisco teams that translate into orders
- A minimum of 10 years successfully selling information technology solutions (Ex’s Security, Collab, ENT Networking)
- Preferred, at least 5 years’ experience in selling Software, Subscriptions, Licensing, etc.
- Excellent written, verbal, listening and presentation skills
- Strong desktop application skills (Excel, PowerPoint, etc)
- Ability to gather and structure data as needs of the business dictate
- Comfortable with cross-functional assignments