Software QA Tester
Location:Saint-Laurent, Quebec, Canada
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video
What You'll Do
As part of the Software Verification team, you'll be responsible for the quality of the BroadWorks Unified Communicaiton platform. Your main responsibilities are:
• Create and execute test cases for functional, system, integration, regression, security testing.
• Setup and verify unified communication solutions involving real-time back-end servers in a distributed architecture and front-end applications (PC, mobile, tablet, webRTC, etc.).
• Isolate and troubleshoot software & system issues,
• Develop and improve test tools, scripts, and automation tools.
• Work on a farm of hundreds of servers and virtual machines running on the cloud (Google Cloud, AWS, etc.)"
Who You'll Work With
Within the BroadWorks Engineering group, you will be working with a team of dynamic professionals who are passionate about designing, developing and testing cloud unified communication. You will be working along side with both junior and senior professionals, and have the opportunity to constantly learn about new technologies."
Who You Are
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science from an accredited institution
• Typically from 2 to 6 years of relevant experience. GPA and full transcript required if less than 3 years.
• Be authorized to work in Canada/Quebec.
Experience & Skills:
• Solution/System test or QA Experience required in Cloud/Virtualization or complex distributed systems
• Hands on experience in software test tools development and writing scripts.
• Practical experience working in networking, telecommunications and Linux.
• Quick learner, with a willingness to dive in and learn everything required to be successful in a challenging work environment.
• Have a global view and understand the different functions of telecommunication systems.
• Ability in analyzing and isolating problems and finding workarounds.
• Strong troubleshooting skills.
• Organized, detail-oriented, flexible, team player, autonomous.
• Passionate about new technologies, cloud and unified communication.
• Strong communication skills, English and French.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
• We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
• We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
• We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco