Software QA (Quality Assurance) Wireless Engineer
Location:Offsite, Richardson, Texas, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
What You'll Do
- Work on a team with quality engineers involved in the validation of software for our next generation Wireless Access Points and Wireless Controllers.
- Use different programming languages to create, automate and execute complex system level scripts to validate features / functionality and end-to-end customer usecases and monitoring systems under test.
- Execute test suites to administer and certify networking infrastructure such as Cisco’s Unified Wireless Network components, virtualized SDN components and integration with Cisco routers and switches along with Cisco’s Management platforms and Location services / Analytics solutions.
- Perform feature integration and test, developing / executing test strategies and test plans, troubleshooting / analyzing problems, optimizing system performance and executing inter-operability tests
- Build and maintain complex labs utilizing switching, routing and wireless networking knowledge and capabilities.
Who You'll Work With
- The EN Eng Wireless Engineering team is the industry leader in enterprise WLAN with a consistent track record in building innovative wireless solutions. We are looking for passionate and dedicated Embedded Linux savvy programmers to form the core of a new team delivering service provide features for a key segment of wireless customers.
Who You Are
- Minimum of 3 years of Automation Testing experience at functional or system level. Experience writing test plans and strategies.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Software Engineer with Python development experience.
- Expertise in 802.11 a, b/g, n, ac, ax Wireless Network protocols.
- Understanding of LAN/WAN routing/switching and other network layer protocols.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering.
- Master’s in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering.
- Strong skills in Selenium, TCL and/or C/C++.
- Experience in building lab systems from scratch, including lab architecture, infrastructure, and networking.
- Experience with Cisco UCS platforms and setting up and deploying VMs.
- Good understanding of Linux and network resource management.
- Expertise of network protocol stack, L2/L3 switching and IP Routing, TCP/IP.
- Experience working with different Wireless toolsets such as IXIA/Veriwave, Spirent Landslide or Testcenter, or other tools.
Who We Are
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in the U.S., unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.