Software QA Engineer
Location:Milpitas, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Software Development, Testing
What You'll Do
You will be part of the Software Development and quality assurance team that is responsible for validating all aspects of Cisco Software Defined WAN (SD-WAN) solution.
Candidates will get the opportunity to work on SD-WAN technologies and will be exposed to working in a fast-paced development environment.
You're System Software Test engineer with good automation/scripting experience for next generation enterprise switches and solutions.
- Review PRD, SFS, Test plans, and customer facing documentation
- Experience in analyzing customer/solution requirements, feature/system test planning, use cases design and execution
- Experience designing and setting up test lab infrastructure
- Execute tests, track and log issues and drive them till resolution with verification of bug fixes
- Work with marketing and development engineering to understand market/customer/product requirements and ensure that the delivered product meets specifications.
- Engagement in Early Field Trials and Customer POCs.
- Closely work with field/customer facing teams to incorporate feedback into internal test phases / build standard methodologies.
Who You'll Work With
You will be part of an elite Software Engineering team that works on various ground-breaking technologies in Enterprise Networking Business (ENB)
Enterprise Networking products integrate industry-leading routing, application services, security, and voice/video features with new technologies such as virtualization, 5G mobile data, cloud-based IT applications, DNA, Switching, Routing and WAN.
You will have the opportunity to work with leading-edge networking technologies in the areas of SD-WAN
- DevTest or QA Experience required
- Typically requires MSEE/CS combined with 5+ years of related experience, or BSEE/CS combined with 7 yrs related experience.
- Strong Networking concepts and troubleshooting skills.
· Knowledge of Public Clouds, VmWare Virtualization, Open Stack, KVM
- Strong experience on testing Networking technologies ( Ethernet, VLAN, Layer 2/Layer 3, MPLS, SDN, OpenFlow, Virtualization, Restful , Netconf, SNMP etc.)
- Hands on experience with automation Python/Web Based application scripting.
- Design test beds, identify necessary equipment, build topology maps, and estimate test efforts.
- Excellent communication, and analytical skills
- Passionate about networking technologies and automation
- Self-motivated, take ownership for initiatives and work you're doing, willing to work in a dynamic environment
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!