Software QA Engineer - Network, Automation, Cloud
Location:Milpitas, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestSecurity, Software Development, Testing
You are a System Software Test Engineer with good Networking and Automation experience for next generation cloud based solutions for Enterprise Switching products.
- Experience in analyzing customer/solution requirements, feature/system test planning, use cases design and execution
- Experience crafting and setting up test lab infrastructure
- Execute tests, track and log issues and drive them till resolution with verification of bug fixes
- Review PRD, SFS, Test plans, and customer facing documentation
- Collaborate with multi-functional teams such as platform infrastructure, system test, DevOps and other feature teams as well as product management. You will also participate in technical discussions and provide creative solutions.
- Initiate and participate in interpersonal efforts to improve overall group productivity and test efficiency. Contribute to overall test strategy development and test process definition/improvement.
- Work with marketing and development engineering to understand market/customer/product requirements and ensure that the delivered product meets specifications.
- Engagement in Early Field Trials and Customer POCs.
- Closely work with field/customer facing teams to incorporate feedback into internal test phases and build standard methodologies.
Who You Are
DevTest or System Test, QA Experience is required.
- Typically requires MS/CS with 3+ years of related experience, or BS/CS with 5+ yrs related experience.
- Strong Networking, cloud concepts and troubleshooting skills.
- Phenomenal automation skills in python, pyATS etc.
- Apply verification and validation methods to improve and ensure the quality
- Strong experience on testing Networking technologies (Ethernet, VLAN, Layer 2/Layer 3, MPLS, SDN, OpenFlow, Virtualization, Restful API, Netconf, SNMP etc.)
- Experience with test instruments like Ixia, Spirent.
- Hands on experience with automation and Python/Web Based application scripting.
- Work with development team to debug, reproduce and resolve software defects.
- Document, maintain, and supervise testing progress reports and communicate status to team and management.
- Design test beds, identify critical equipment, build topology maps, and estimate test efforts.
- Seek problem failures on products and analyze results.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Passionate about networking technologies and automation
- Phenomenal teammate, collaborative with great people skills
- Self-motivated, drives initiatives and is willing to work in a dynamic environment.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!