Software Product Lifecycle Program Manager
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestSupply Chain
What You'll Do
Supply Chain Operations Product Operations Central team is seeking a Software Product Lifecycle Program Manager to join its Global Process Owner team. You will be responsible for leading our Product Lifecycle Management (NPI + Sustaining) process and governance structure for SW products, solutions and offers. You will support the Product Ops community by providing efficient, simple and scalable process, documentation and training.
You will play a key role in driving operational excellence and operationalizing groundbreaking capabilities to enable Product Operations Strategy by:
- Building new ways of working and achieving operational excellence - enable the best cost, quality, and delivery of Cisco products.
- Reviewing key performance indicators/process and assess areas of improvements
- Building and managing training and communications plan to gain adoption of new capabilities
- Leading cross-functional programs/projects
- Assisting with building, analyzing, and releasing product and process documentation
- Ensuring robust process and governance to meet compliance requirements
- Forming and leading SW PM councils and forums
Who you’ll work with:
You will be working directly with Product Ops and other Supply Chain functions. In addition, you will engage with the Cisco Product Development (CPDM) group, Finance, Engineering, Product Management and Operations.
Who you are:
- BA/BS degree in engineering, Business Process Management, Operations, Business administration or supply chain management. MBA or MA degree preferred
- 7+ years of experience leading product/project/process development, implementation and improvement
- Experience in leading cross-functional process improvements
- Strong knowledge of change management and communication standard methodologies and principles
- Experience with SW development, SW fulfillment, SW licensing, SW product bundling, SW cost modeling
- Understanding of Cloud services (SaaS, PaaS and IaaS) and cost/quality management
- Exposure to Architecture and experience of products and services from contemporary cloud vendors, e.g. Amazon Web Services, Azure, etc.
- Practical work experience with both waterfall and agile development methodologies
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills, strong problem solving ability
- Strong program/project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and ability to communicate at all levels.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking ambitious risks to craft the technologies that give us intelligent cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with rare personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are leaders with vision, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and you will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, all applicants who meet qualifications with arrest and conviction records.