Software & Licensing Asset Manager
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestBusiness Strategy and Operations
Technology InterestInternet of Everything
Who We Are
Cisco is making IT easier, faster, and smarter! As a business unit of Cisco Systems, it is the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world with products and technology architecture that are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud- managed IT a reality. Our team is passionate about innovation and delighting customers which has enabled us to grow more than 100% year over year. Headquartered in San Francisco, the team has a growing international footprint with offices across the globe.
Installed Base Operations mission statement:To improve customer experience by maintaining accurate install base data at an extent in perpetuity and enabling multi-functional partners to drive their respective business objectives with speed and improved confidence.
Who you will work with:
Our vision is to provide a IB lifecycle maintenance with Customer sign off that enables customer lifecycle motion and delivers accurate & timely renewals. Our charter is to build a globally consistent & scalable entitlement asset management process & coverage model by driving relentless focus on providing accurate install base through-out the life cycle. This will help enable the renewal manager to focus on the renewal motion and not be in-cumbered by operational dependency.
The Cisco Asset Management Service (CAMS)is apaid subscription service that provides customer with a Cisco specialist focused on driving IB accuracy/alignment and providing actionable insights essential to supporting enterprise planning & risk mitigation- thru the continuous management and analysis of assets found in the customer's constantly changing environment.
Cisco software & licensing asset managers provide Cisco's Customers with near real-time Installed Base (IB) information, so they can effectively manage the life cycle of their Cisco assets & licenses and make the right business decisions. We do this through proactive management of their Cisco IB, which includes collating asset information from various sources, building the most accurate IB view, analyzing the data and managing service contracts.
What you will do:
- Accountable to ensure that the customer IB is in the right contract, right location and under right coverage
- Lead implementation of IT Asset Management service for Cisco's customers
- Accountable for onboarding new customers, IB aggregation/reconciliation from disparate data sources and present IB insights to customers
- Learn customers' processes relating to Installed Base data management; recommend changes to improve Installed Base data management
- Identify discrepancies and execute processes for managing Move, Add Change, and Delete (MACD) activities
- Providing ongoing IB maintenance support to customers
- Multi-functional collaboration required to execute on tasks
Deliverables of Asset Manager (common for both SW & HW Asset Manager):
- Customer Definition forms the most critical piece of the engagement the Pre-Renewal EAM will drive. A business entity research (BER) of the account has to be performed to define customer and all related entities and subsidiaries which comprise complete customer.
- Asset Alignment & Governance Workflow
The asset manager is required to reconcile multiple inventory views from various data sources (Cisco, Collector, Partner/Customer) and develop a comprehensive IB baseline. Actionable Insights, analysis and recommendations will be required to be provided to the partners. The individual shall drive corrective action which will drive the IB Accuracy by performing MACD's (Moves, Adds, Changes and Delete's) and assessing the Renewal Readiness of the IB data.
3. Customer Review and Validation
The Asset Manager will review the IB Baseline with customers/partners and periodically get a sign-off from customers/partners. Specific insights which includes transparency to the Total Asset View, Customer Locations/Sites, Service Levels has to be shared with the partners in order to "Verify" the IB with the customer. The asset manager will need to work closely with partners and customers/partners to own and manage the IB, in a way that it is consumed by partners.
4. Acquire Customer IB signoff
Prepare Verified Asset Summary Report for customer/partner that covers insights like LDOS, renewals, coverage end dates by different slice and dice.
5. Own customer interaction & take complete accountability for customer IB
Key Skills and Responsibilities:
- Excellent communications skills & ability to think in an unexpected way and be an instrument of change
- Deals with ambiguity and translates into synthesized message
- A demonstrated track record of managing data across many sources is essential to this role
- Strong influencing skills solid ability to influence outside of organization and across roles and functions
- Ability to apply a project management approach to problem solving (taking a large, complex problem and breaking it down into components, involve others as needed, drive resolution)
- Attention to detail and ability to execute against tight timelines
- Strong operational and interpersonal skills
- Eye For Business: solid grasp of Cisco's business objectives - sales, channels and services, Solid understanding of Cisco offers/buying programs and Cisco Product Portfolio/Architecture
- Business Partnership - part of sales extended leadership team and advises partners on operational impacts and improvement opportunities
- Teamwork/Interface skills - negotiation and conflict resolution skills, builds a solid professional network to accelerate initiative impacts
Who you are
- Customer facing role for 5-9years
- Software and licensing experience of at least 15-18months
- Licensing & renewals experience
Why you'll love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
@Cisco #CiscoJobs #WeAreCisco
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.