Software FA Engineer – Network/Programming Knowledge
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Supply Chain Organization (SCO) seeks a Senior Software Failure Analysis Engineer who would be responsible for configure, test and analyze software platforms in controlled environments. The responsibility includes follow through the FA End-to-End process till the case closure. The failure analysis process is closed loop, providing data to Manufacturing and Engineering team for the prevention of recurring failures.
Role & Responsibilities
- Software root cause analysis including evaluation of field failures and returns
- Evaluation of development life cycle test failures
- Defect detection including containment analysis
- Software Reliability growth testing
- Bug verification (emulate customer network topology)
- Opening SW bugs and working with engineering team to see it to closure
- Providing data to engineering team for the prevention of recurring failures
- Work closely with a cross functional team of Product Managers, Technical Leads and Customer Support to understand and come up with the right solution to replicate customer reported issue
- Mentoring and training other FA engineers
Typically requires BSEE/CS plus 8+ years related experience, or a MSEE/CS combined with 5+ years of related experience in the HW/SW/Networking
The ideal candidate should have a track record of success, a solid work ethic, ability and desire to lead engineers and a can-do attitude.
Exposure to network domain or product line is an added advantage.
In addition, the candidate should possess the following skills.
- Experienced in C, C++, Python, Perl, TCL, Shell scripting and Java
- Strong networking and L7 (HTTP, HTTPS, SMTP etc.) protocol knowledge
- Experience in Unix/Linux/FreeBSD based environments
Hands on experience on Cisco Catalyst switches or other network switches product
Good understanding on Wireless access points
- Clear understanding of ISO's OSI model and TCP/IP protocol suite.
- Understanding of Layer2 protocols and ability to analyze difficult problems
- Understanding and hands-on experience in networking and knowledge of Cisco technologies
- Cisco certifications like CCNA is desirable
- Exposure to Software defined Network (SDN) and virtualization
- Experience in unit test methodologies and agile working environment
- Demonstrated ability to work & collaborate effectively with remote teams globally
- 7+ years of relevant work experience
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.