Software Enginer, Backend Infrastructure
Location:San Jose, California, US
Alternate LocationAnywhere in US Remote
Area of InterestCollaboration
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video
The Collaboration Technology Group transforms the connections between people and the information they need to share which is essential to better the business. We improve collaboration with technology that empowers people to engage and innovate -- anywhere, on any device.
Within the technology group we are focused on further transforming the technology by weaving in Adaptive Intelligence to be the information superhighway – connecting people, their work, and their physical world together through intelligence, personalization, relationships, and analytics to innovate, attract and retain talent, enable a global, mobile workforce, and engage customers in a more efficient way.
As part of the team acquired by Cisco in 2019, you will work closely with other motivated and hardworking engineers to deliver industry-leading AI capabilities to millions of users world-wide.
What You Will Do
- Architect and manage secure, scalable infrastructure utilizing Kubernetes to support our external and internal use cases.
- Design, build and maintain tooling and services to improve efficiency and reliability of our Kubernetes platform and to enable users to confidently run their services on our infrastructure
- Work with product engineering teams to understand their use cases, communicate design trade-offs effectively, and design and build scalable systems to solve for their needs
- Solve large scale complex technical challenges that will impact millions of users daily
- Debug complex problems between application layers and low-level infrastructure
- Continuously iterate on the engineering team's build, test, and deployment infrastructure to support rapid development and maintainable hosted services
- Develop tools to enable other engineers such as CI/CD pipelines, container schedulers, and custom applications.
- Develop and improve testing and automation processes in order to reduce operational burden
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Engineering, or a related quantitative field, or equivalent experience
- Experience building and operating Kubernetes and executing deployments at scale in production environments
- Deep familiarity with containers (Docker) and orchestration (Kubernetes) at scale.
- Experience working with a cloud provider (AWS/Google Cloud Platform) or in-house data centers.
- Value root-causing operational issues across multiple layers of the stack and implementing systemic solutions to make sure issues do not reoccur
- Highly skilled at developing and debugging in C/C++, Java, or Go
- Understand the importance of effective testing in order to release reliable software
- Take pride in reducing technical debt; pay attention to small details, and value keeping code/configuration clean and maintainable
- Knowledge of infrastructure automation tools such as Terraform.
- Experience with operating system internals, filesystems, databases, network, compiler also a plus