Software Engineering Technical Leader
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestSoftware Development, Testing
What You’ll Do
Through the Agile/SCRUM process. Tasks are completed during traditional two-week sprints.
- Day to Day – At the onset, you will automate some of our underlying infrastructures, which will evolve into working on more higher-level application-based tasks as you ramp up and the project matures.
You may work on monitoring one sprint, CI/CD the next, or a microservice that solves either a team or user issue.
- The team follows a Google SRE model where the team approaches system engineering issues like a software developer-automating everything to focus time on more creative tasks.
- The engineer will setup local lab environment to test and demonstrate automation solution.
At Cisco Commerce our software engineers develop the next-generation CPQ (Con gure Price and Quote) Software solutions that balances 49 Billion dollars of Cisco revenue. Our solutions balance massive amount of data with multiple ows and users types (Direct, Resellers and Distributors). We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas. If you believe in building high performance, reliable, scalable and secure applications and are hardworking for quality and attention to details, then join the most exciting and motivated engineering team at Cisco. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Cisco’s migration from hardware to cloud recurring business model in our dynamic business. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be hardworking to seek new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
Who You’ll Work With
High Level View of Project: We are building an internal application that is used by internal employees to service their external customers. This is a web-based cloud platform. It is a distributed system comprised of many microservices, which allows us to scale as needed.
SVS – Solutions Validation Services. Before Network Consulting Engineers make a change to a customer’s environment, they have to design a POC in a lab environment, then test it. Previously, this task entailed many engineers performing manual or semi-automated testing and validation of these network topologies. Instead of running manual test scripts, this team of developers (25+) are creating a ecosystem of many services that accomplish total automation solutions for Cisco’s external customers.
- The front end development team focuses on building new UI features, adding improvements, fixing bugs, and potentially supporting internal users but not the external customers. With a focus on writing code & DESIGNING vs support work. Small bug fixes -most changes are both front end, backend, and may touch SQL.
- Automation Test Engineers / Software Automation Engineers are made up of NCEs, Software developers writing the test cases, and other Python Developers who are writing automated tests on the platform that will be used on this platform.
- You will be part a fast paced backend team of engineers that deliver microservices, and automates the team's various infrastructure platforms. We tend to work with everything that falls behind the UI up to and including the test runner as well as everything below the application stack. There is a lot of fluidity among the various teams.
Who You Are
You have passion. In addition to programming in your 9-5 job, you are a programming hobbyist. You are the type of person reading about new technologies, and tinkering with them. The world of cloud and Computer Science is exciting to you. You constantly seek out new tasks
Technical Requirements – Full Stack Cloud Development
- Strong problem-solving skills and a sense of adventure to take new technology
- 5+ Years developing and deploying applications in the cloud
- Deep knowledge of containers, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Competency and development experience in Python and shell at a minimum
- Experience with OpenShift, and deploying workloads in OpenStack or AWS
- Infrastructure as code with technologies like Ansible and Terraform
- Thrives in a CI/CD environment
- Understand security and hardening practices of applications and cloud platforms.
- Experience with REST, JSON RPC, and Web API patterns
- Golang awareness a plus
Nice to haves:
- Deploying OpenShift clusters
- Experience developing in Golang
- Deploying CI/CD pipelines for applications and infrastructure
- As a leader of this team, you will also help capture and synthesize various data points, including industry benchmarks and best practices, acquisition assessments, partner/customers/sales feedback
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.