Software Engineering Technical Leader
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As a member of NSO Core Function Pack team within the MIG organization you will lead a small team to define, architect, design, and deliver new software and network orchestration features to automate provisioning of Cisco’s solutions on the network.
WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH
You will collaborate with the Software Product Development team and Solutions architect to develop network services configuration automation software, orchestration and management tools. The software features will include instantiating virtual network functions (VNF) and/or container network functions (VNF) and/or configuring virtual and physical devices in the network. You will lead a small, mixed-discipline team to:
- Understand and analyze customer/solution use-cases
- Design, code, test and deploy services as part of our configuration automation, written mostly in Python using industry leading NSO (network services orchestrator) platform.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues reported by Solution test and/or Technical Support team.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are a software architect whose passion lies in utilizing the latest software technologies in a DevOps model to embark on this new era of network service orchestration
· Highly motivated to learn and apply skills for team and future career development.
· You have a drive to learn new technologies, NSO platform and provisioning use-cases including configuration of network physical and virtual devices.
- You are friendly, creative, and independent.
- You have a passion for coding and you also enjoy designing software components.
- You are passionate about continuous integration, delivery, and deployment processes.
· BS in Computer Science with 8+ years of relevant industry experience or MS in Computer Science with 6 years of relevant experience
- A solid understanding of Python programming language fundamentals
- Experience in network orchestration design and development for any network provisioning and management solution
- Hands on experience working with Cisco/Tail-f Network Services is a plus
- Working knowledge in Erlang is a plus
- Deep knowledge of design patterns, data structures, and algorithms
- Familiarity with automated configuration and orchestration tools
- Working experience with Linux or other Unix-based systems
- Extensive experience with incremental development, testing, and deployment, as well as building and improving CI/CD pipelines
- Familiarity with virtualization and containerization platforms, especially Docker, Kubernetes or Redhat Openshift is desired
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Who We are
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
Cisco requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated or have an approved religious or medical accommodation. Candidates accepting an offer must provide proof of vaccination status on their first day. If someone anticipates requesting an accommodation for this requirement, they must receive approval before the start date. Candidates receiving an offer will receive additional information about the accommodation process at the time of the offer. All offers of employment are contingent upon complying with Cisco's vaccination policy.