Software Engineering Technical Leader
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
Technology InterestNetworking, Wireless, Mobility
Wireless Networking Group (WNG) is the industry leader in enterprise WLAN with a proven track record in building innovative wireless solutions. You will be part of WNG team that is known for innovation and won multiple pioneer awards through years.
As a technical leader in this team, you will be working with world class engineering talents to develop and support software that breathes life into Cisco's Aironet and Catalyst Access Points product line.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work across teams to craft systems that tackle complex problems for our customers. You'll lead a project team of engineers involved in the development and maintenance of software for our access wireless products and architectures. Both sustaining and development of new features for Access points and Wireless solutions design and develop innovative wireless technologies and solutions, to design and develop complex WLAN features and solutions, to improve and re-architect existing components and subsystems, and to engineer best of breed wireless access point products in the world, in terms of functionality, simplicity, scalability, and availability
Day to day activities will involve managing the engineering talent resources to meet competing high priority demands, defining and planning project scopes and milestones, driving engineering teams to deliver high quality software releases and to meet established milestones, continually improving engineering processes and productivity, providing best in class support to global customers and collaborating with cross site and cross functional teams.
- BS + 10 plus (or) MS + 7plus years of Software Development experience
- Extensive engineering experiences in software development, preferably in Linux embedded system development
- Extensive experiences in leading software engineering teams to build high quality and complex systems
- Demonstrated track record of leading engineering teams to build world class products serving global customers and to design complex solutions to solve hard technical problems
- Extensive experiences in collaborating with cross site and cross functional teams
- Strong mind in improving and following engineering processes for product and software release life cycles
- Strong mind in talent development and team motivation
- Experiences in improving engineering tools is highly desired
- Strong knowledge of 802.11 a, b/g, n, and 802.11ac, 11ax protocols is highly desired
- Strong knowledge of network protocol stack, including L2 and L3 networking, TCP/IP, QoS, Networking and/or application security expertise (L2/L3 firewall, DPI, IDS, IPS)
- Experience with bring up and system boot process is highly desired
- Possess the aptitude to multi-task in fast-paced environment
- Test Driven development approach
- Code signing and basic knowledge of crypto algorithms
- Handle multiple tasks at once and work independently
- Have experience in customer deployment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. This role requires the ability to work across departments and with other teams
- Continuous learning and committed to ongoing self-improvement
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Who We are
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!