Software Engineering Technical Leader - Dash Platform
Location:Offsite, San Francisco, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Compensation Range160300 USD - 232900 USD
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Software Development
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect, empower, and drive us. Our mission is to simplify technology so our customers can focus on what's most meaningful to them: their students, patients, customers, and businesses. We’re making networking easier, faster, smarter and accessible with technology that simply works.
Meraki's Dashboard Platform team is a growing group of dedicated engineers who build and maintain the frameworks, tools, and services that enable other engineers to do their best work for our customers. As a group, we believe in building things that bring happiness to the engineers who work with them, especially when those engineers are our future selves! We're looking for like-minded individuals to join our team.
As a Front-end Technical Leader on the team, your technical leadership on our design system will impact millions of active users by providing the basis of a modern experience for the Meraki Dashboard, and dozens of other Cisco networking and security platforms.
The design system drives standardization on React, a new design direction, and unlocks Meraki’s ability to reimagine what Dashboard can be in collaboration with our product management, user experience, and product engineering teams.
Meraki believes that the quality of our product is dependent on growing our engineers. We place a high value on nurturing the development of everyone on our team. We foster an open and encouraging workplace where everybody is given the opportunity to succeed.
What you will do:
- Contribute to our design system React library
- Be involved in resolving some of the complex scale-related problems
- Work with cross-functional teams such as product and design as well as across Cisco business units
- Increase developer happiness and productivity by building tooling to better enable hundreds of engineers to deliver meaningful experiences to our customers
- Share your knowledge by giving brown bags, tech talks, and evangelizing engineering standard methodologies and mentoring engineers
- Unlock the future of Meraki’s Dashboard
You are an ideal candidate if you:
- Have proven experience designing, developing, and testing design systems
- Consider testing an integral part of the development process and have experience with Jest, Cypress, Playwright and React Testing Library
- Understand how to design an efficient CI pipeline
- Have experience and working knowledge of web accessibility
- Are passionate about what you do and energize the people around you
- Have experience working closely with design teams
- Understands how to navigate large-scale adoption programs
- Have demonstrated to explain complex technical designs to junior engineers and non-technical partners
Bonus points for:
- Experience using and/or building with Svelte
- Experience building tools for engineers
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, RSpec, and PostgreSQL
- Experience or interest in networking
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. and/or Canada locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. or Canada hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco typically pays as follows:
.75% of incentive target for each 1% of revenue attainment up to 50% of quota;
1.5% of incentive target for each 1% of attainment between 50% and 75%;
1% of incentive target for each 1% of attainment between 75% and 100%; and once performance exceeds 100% attainment, incentive rates are at or above 1% for each 1% of attainment with no cap on incentive compensation.
For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.