Software Engineer (Java Full Stack Developer)
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Compensation Range114500 USD - 168700 USD
What You'll Do
Cisco IT is looking for a dynamic Software Engineer that is eager to drive innovation in one of the most groundbreaking Commerce platforms in the market, and will be responsible for the following:
- Integrate: Work with other engineering teams to integrate APIs with their business process
- Expert engineer with deep experience in building scalable and secure commerce systems, especially SaaS business models.
- Solid understanding of Quote to Order processes and technology platforms for SaaS businesses.
- Strong working knowledge of Java / Rest implementations / MongoDB / SQL / Angular JS / Elastic Search.
- Worked on the CI/CD platforms, Jenkins knowledge is preferred.
- Good Understanding of the monitoring platforms - AppDynamics / Splunk.
- Sustained, successful trajectory (at least 10 years) in software development & in supporting the execution of software-focused ground-breaking initiatives in large organizations.
- Share technical designs with internal/external audiences.
Who You'll Work With
You will work in the Cisco Commerce Engineering and Solution teams managing feature development for Cisco Commerce. You will also work with Product Owners for managing the backlog and deciding effective delivery methods. You will be working with multi-functional teams to build features for end-to-end Commerce processes.
Who You Are
You are passionate about technology innovation. You are a critical thinker and problem solver. You have experience working with diverse and multiple time zone teams. You truly believe in the importance of a Customer-first approach.
- MS/BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related technical field required, with 10+ years of experience in software engineering
- Deep expertise in Java programming language and various J2EE frameworks and in building large-scale systems using fault-tolerant technologies (such as Elasticsearch, MongoDB & Kafka)
- Experience with deployment, continuous delivery, infrastructure management, software quality assurance (documentation, unit testing, test automation, security analysis, and code reviews)
- Knowledge of Commerce systems is plus
- Experience in building scalable APIs
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
#WeAreCisco. We are all unique, but collectively we bring our talents to work as a team, to develop innovative technology and power a more inclusive, digital future for everyone. How do we do it? Well, for starters – with people like you!
Nearly every internet connection around the world touches Cisco. We’re the Internet’s optimists. Our technology makes sure the data traveling at light speed across connections does so securely, yet it’s not what we make but what we make happen which marks us out. We’re helping those who work in the health service to connect with patients and each other; schools, colleges, and universities to teach in even the most challenging of times. We’re helping businesses of all shapes and sizes to connect with their employees and customers in new ways, providing people with access to the digital skills they need and connecting the most remote parts of the world – whether through 5G, or otherwise.
We tackle whatever challenges come our way. We have each other’s backs, we recognize our accomplishments, and we grow together. We celebrate and support one another – from big and small things in life to big career moments. And giving back is in our DNA (we get 10 days off each year to do just that).
We know that powering an inclusive future starts with us. Because without diversity and a dedication to equality, there is no moving forward. Our 30 Inclusive Communities, that bring people together around commonalities or passions, are leading the way. Together we’re committed to learning, listening, caring for our communities, whilst supporting the most vulnerable with a collective effort to make this world a better place either with technology, or through our actions.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. and/or Canada locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. or Canada hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.