Location:Milpitas, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestAI or Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Analytics, Cloud and Data Center, Internet of Everything, Software Development, Testing, Wireless, Mobility
Who You Are
You are a full stack developer with Python and Django or Flask microservice development experience, REST APIs and some React or other UI skill sets with a DevOps mindset. You understand the end-to-end product development and have a clear understanding of the whole CI/CD process and some experience with Jenkins and setting a CI/CD workflow. You are ready to explore new technologies, a quick learner, and self driver.
- Improve the efficiency and experience for Cisco engineering community
- Work on Github integration, CI/CD workflow, workspace/build acceleration technology,
- Developing requirements, designing the integration, coding, prototyping, and testing
- Configure and customize Grafana dashboards
- Craft and develop innovative software solutions that tackle tough challenges in the Devops space
- Drive improvements through automation, testing and standard methodologies
- Apply methodology, reusable assets and previous work experience to consistently deliver high quality work
- Collaborate with BU teams to integrate, automate and improve their development processes
- Maintain high quality of work products with supporting documentation
- Manage multiple job duties through efficient task management
- Communicate effectively and help the team deliver on its mission of a smooth developer experience and CI/CD workflow.
- String problem solving skills and a sense of adventure to take new technology, learn it and master it is fundamental to this position
- 3+ Years with both backend(Python) and some frontend UI (React) development
- Python (Django/Flask)
- REST API
- DevOps mindset
- Strong Communication Skills
- Should have hands-on development experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Cloud Development (Private, Public, Hybrid)
- Some UI development experience, preferably REACT
- Hands on experience on complete CI/CD tooling(GIT/Github, CICD Tools, Code Quality), Jenkins
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re "old" (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can’t put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.