Software Engineer -1372734 - Java + SQL
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Technology InterestSoftware Development, Testing
Who We Are
Today's challenging business environment is more than that - it's a period of disruption between the pandemic, global business change and internal process complexity. For us to focus on simplicity and the best customer experience, we need great talent and the right skillsets to be successful. This is now a mantra for our Cisco leadership team and for us.
The Digital Enterprise Solutions team is changing the way we run Cisco's operations by improving the power of technology, the best of business processes and outstanding data insights. Together, we will Reimagine the Cisco experience. Show the world how to Reinvent applications and demonstrate the future of the Internet to Showcase the power of Cisco: our people, products, processes, systems, and data. Please join us and make this journey together!
What You'll Do
We have a phenomenal opportunity for a highly motivated Software Engineer to join our team in Digital Enterprise Solutions - Products team responsible for the support, administration and development of applications and services for Supply Chain.
As a Data Analyst, you will shape the overall future of self-service analytics and insights, collaborating with cross-disciplinary teams.
- Interface with business for data requirements, identify data sources, analyze the data, Mapping of data attributes, come up with designs for data enablement.
- Work with development teams to implement your solutions
- Test the data loaded and co-ordinate business testing and gather signoff from business on data quality and accuracy
- Manage master data, including creation, updates, and deletion.
- Managing users and user roles.
- Provide quality assurance of imported data, working with quality assurance analysts if necessary.
- Commissioning and decommissioning of data sets.
- Processing confidential data and information according to guidelines.
- Helping develop reports and analysis.
- Managing and designing the reporting environment, including data sources, security, and metadata.
- Supporting the data warehouse in identifying and revising reporting requirements.
- Supporting initiatives for data integrity and normalization.
- Assessing tests and implementing new or upgraded software and assisting with strategic decisions on new systems.
- Generating reports from single or multiple systems.
- Troubleshooting the reporting database environment and reports.
- Evaluating changes and updates to source production systems.
- Communicate insights and provide solutions that have proven results.
- Training end-users on new reports and dashboards.
- Providing technical expertise in data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing.
Who You'll Work With
As part of the Digital Enterprise Solutions team, you will be part of Supply Chain organization team, committed to delivering extraordinary services, tools, platforms, and data used to power our organization. From optimizing/automating Business process systems, to maximizing cloud service providers, to in-house development using the latest technologies, we are constantly innovating and evolving to give our team the competitive advantage.
You'll be part of a highly dynamic, empowered and collaborative Team who are passionate about building, supporting and enhancing a seamless and end-to-end system.
Who You Are
We're seeking a hardworking, experienced and self-motivated IT professional who has a real passion for technology. You feel comfortable dealing with ambiguity, and you are able to influence within and outside the organization.
Minimum requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college in computer science.
- Work experience of minimum 4 years with data engineering/data analyst roles
- Experience working with snowflake cloud data ware house and the different OLTP data bases like Oracle.
- Experience/Exposure working with Supply Chain Data and Processes.
- Ability to work with stakeholders to assess potential risks.
- Ability to analyze existing tools and databases and provide software solution recommendations.
- Ability to translate business requirements into data model designs.
- High-level experience in methodologies and processes for managing large-scale databases.
- Demonstrated experience in handling large data sets and relational databases.
- Experience working in Agile scrum teams.
- Understanding of addressing and metadata standards.
- High-level written and verbal communication skills.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in the U.S., unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.