Software Engineer - 5+ years of experience with SOAP, RESTful Web Services, JSON and Familiar with web-based systems and architecture across the full-stack, with specific expertise in back or front-end development, databases & DevOps.
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Technology InterestSoftware Development, Testing
Who We Are
Today's challenging business environment is more than that - it's a period of disruption between the pandemic, global business change and internal process complexity. For us to focus on simplicity and the best customer experience, we need great talent and the right skillsets to be successful. This is now a mantra for our Cisco leadership team and for us.
The Digital Enterprise Solutions team is changing the way we run Cisco's operations by improving the power of technology, the best of business processes and outstanding data insights. Together, we will Reimagine the Cisco experience. Show the world how to Reinvent applications and demonstrate the future of the Internet to Showcase the power of Cisco: our people, products, processes, systems, and data. Please join us and make this journey together!
What You'll Do
We have a phenomenal opportunity for a highly motivated Software Engineer to join our team in Digital Enterprise Solutions - Products team responsible for the support, administration and development of applications and services for Software Licensing. The successful candidate will join a diversified team providing Application Development services and application support.
- Write design specifications and functional specifications.
- Provide support to local internal clients and assistance in the support of systems at other locations.
- Follow standard design and implantation processes and procedures.
- Develop well-defined software modules.
- Perform well-defined unit, product level integration, and development tests.
- Write portions of test plans.
- Debug sections of the subsystem.
- Work closely with an engineering team at other locations such as Shanghai(Hangzhou), China
Bangalore, India; San Jose, CA; Research Triangle Park, NC; Paris, France
Who You'll Work With
As part of the Digital Enterprise Solutions team, you will be part of Supply Chain Deliver / Fulfillment Organization team, committed to delivering outstanding services, tools, platforms, and data used to power our Supply Chain. From optimizing/automating Business process systems, to improving cloud service providers, to in-house development using the latest technologies, we are constantly innovating and evolving to give our Supply Chain team the competitive advantage.
You'll be part of a highly dynamic, empowered and collaborative Team who are passionate about building, supporting and enhancing a seamless and end-to-end Orchestrator system.
Who You Are
We're seeking a hardworking, experienced and self-motivated IT professional who has a real passion for technology. You feel comfortable dealing with ambiguity, and you are able to influence within and outside the organization. Minimum requirements include:
You are a builder at heart and go all-in on challenges to deliver groundbreaking solutions.
Minimum qualifications are:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related technical field required, and direct experience in enterprise software engineering.
· 8+ years in technical solution design and application/ software architecture role
• Able to craft, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software using Scrum and Agile development methodologies, including daily standups and iteration planning meetings.
• Able to quickly iterate and refine planned features’ backlog based on partners' needs.
• Handle individual project priorities, deadlines, and work
• Experience maintaining and scaling high-volume software systems in an Agile environment
• Demonstrated flexibility to last-minute changes to the system design and architecture.
• Ability to understand the needs & challenges of different businesses and industries to build solutions to solve for them at scale.
• Ability and willingness to have fun: participating in team activities to build a constructive and positive team culture that promotes teamwork and innovation
• Worked extensively with SOAP, RESTful Web Services, JSON
• Familiar with web-based systems and architecture across the full-stack, with specific expertise in back or front-end development, databases & DevOps.
· Knowledge and experience in Logistics, Manufacturing processes
- Experience with developing reporting interfaces, data feeds, and/or data visualizations for business & partner consumption.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to confidently share vision & roadmap to internal/external audiences
Ability to handle multiple concurrent activities and have a flexible, positive attitude.
Must work well with team members, acting as a mentor to other engineers, helping to motivate and solve problems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Energy and real passion for your work
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in the U.S., unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.