Location:Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
Technology InterestBig Data, Analytics, Cloud and Data Center, Internet of Everything, Networking, Software Development, Testing, Wireless, Mobility
You will be working in a small, agile, product development team to innovate and build Cisco's Switch Orchestration and automation journey. You will be involved in the design, development, and testing of new provisioning and monitoring workflows in Cisco Digital Network Architecture (Cisco DNAC) which is an Enterprise-grade Kubernetes offering that has on-prem and evolving cloud-based offerings.
Who You'll Work With
Cisco is transforming the networking industry. To make this happen, we are heavily investing in Cisco DNA, the team responsible for The Network. Intuitive. We are disrupting the industry by building a new networking platform that can learn, adapt, and secure itself at the speed of today’s businesses. This Digital Network Architecture platform automates network management and provides our customers with state-of-the-art analytics and insights. This team's innovations span artificial intelligence, machine learning, analytics, IoT, security, automation, and more.
Who You Are
- Be part of a team of engineers involved in the development and testing of software for our next generation Enterprise networking architecture.
- Participate in design discussions and develop high-scale data collection, analysis, and reporting systems for both customer and Cisco use.
- Work with architects and product owners / customers to help define feature functionality.
- Operate in an Agile methodology with an eye toward robust and disciplined software development.
- Contribute to functional specifications. Write portions of product spec and help seek clarity where it doesn't exist.
- Design & Develop large portions of software independently and rapidly.
- Strong ability and desire to learn new tools as required is an absolute must.
- This team will move forward with the most modern and appropriate technologies for the task at hand.
- Strong understating of OOA & D, design patterns and SOA architectures, and horizontal scalability tenets.
- Experience in or passion for building a PaaS solution using Kubernetes, Docker, etc.
- Experience in the use of standard SCM tools (Git) and CI/CD (Jenkins / Maven, etc) processes.
- Ability to work and influence teams beyond your immediate group.
- Strong motivation to innovate and improve customer and product experience.
- Strong problem solving and software development /troubleshooting skills. The ability to "think in code" and discuss ideas and algorithms is a must.
- Follows development best practices like TDD, code reviews, and owns automated tests to ensure quality.
- Past experience working in an Agile / Scrum environment.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.