Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
Who We Are:
Cisco’s Customer Experience (CX) organization is one of Cisco’s fastest growing teams, and the Customer and Partner Experience (CXPE) group is transforming how Cisco delivers value to our customers & partners via our product portfolio. The CX Cloud DevOps and Release teams are charged with leading the lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation, refinement, release and eventual decommissioning for the CXPE group. In this time of unprecedented change, we are looking for top talent to lead business critical capabilities that will redefine success for Cisco and our customers.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with teams to write automation requirements, architecture, and design spec, unit test plans.
- Design, code and test in a CI/CD environment.
- Champion in unit test automation.
- You will perform a deep analysis of software features and understanding the testing needs of the feature, and what would need to be addressed in any future regressions, especially as it pertains to test case automation.
- You will need a technical oriented perspective, and must also see the requirements as needed by the customer. You must have a desire to either break or push functionality beyond what is specified.
- Assist development with any vital setup and reproduction as well as debugging in any of the non-production and production environments. This also includes the automation of customer found issues for reproduction.
- Participate in the software development work flow and seek and commit any needed code changes or code reviews within the project that assists in the maintainability, debugging, or automation of any functionality.
- Be willing to learn, adapt, and adopt new technologies as needed in the areas of hardware, software platforms, and development and test frameworks.
- Research, evaluate, and recommend tools associated with various aspects of the CI / CD workflow.
Learn more about CX Cloud at:
Who You'll Work With:
Residing in the CX Cloud Operations team, this role will work across functions, and partner with other engineering teams within the Cloud Ops team, the CX Cloud Platform, Security, Release, and Applications teams. Every day and every interaction will be unique, engaging with a diverse representation of Product Management, IT, Digital Transformation and our architecture and delivery teams to establish and mature our DevOps practices and approaches.
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of hands on technical experience.
- Proficiency with backend systems built using micro services, containerized infrastructure, and modern continuous delivery practices. Familiarity with Kubernetes and CI/CD tools is a must.
- Comprehensive understanding of configuring, deploying, testing, and debugging software in local and cloud based environments such as AWS and GCP.
- Demonstrated ability to review documents and code written by rest of the team.
- Entrepreneurial drive and ability to reach stretch goals in a fast paced environment.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science is preferred.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!